Issue with Old games in Win 7

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^Yeah.. even I tried to solve this issue in the thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/gamerz/136427-gta-3-hangs-after-loading-saved-game-win7.html.

But to no avail.. didn't resolved. And now I think, XP is the only way to play those games now.

dude make a 10gb partition. Install xp. And play in it.

Can I install XP over windows 7. I am afraid to try it in fear, that it might corrupt Win7 bootloader etc... not an expert in this area...

F U K all those who pirated GTA 4 and couldn't get it to run.

Seriously mods, how the fk can u allow these discussions? :mad:
and at the same time help them to get pirated sh1t run.

I seriously loved the earlier mods like FilledVoid who purged all fkers who asked help for running pirated games.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
vineet369 said:
Can I install XP over windows 7. I am afraid to try it in fear, that it might corrupt Win7 bootloader etc... not an expert in this area...
No you can't. You can install win7 over XP but not the reverse.
Man get original GTA4 its just 499INR. Its worth it seriously.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ So, I would just need the Installation disk of Windows 7 to repair that? Isn't so?
If it's that easy and a reliable process, it might make my dream come true. Since my PC was originally built for XP. And I would be glad to have that blazing fastness and familiarity of XP again :)

pauldmps

Banned
If you are running Windows 7 Ultimate, then download & install Windows XP mode from the Microsoft site. This will run in a virtual environment inside Windows 7.

You can play games in it.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hope the OP can show the original DL link, that it was legitimate and not circumvented software. Please send to ICO via PM only. He will decide.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
All right. I've opened your cricket thread. I should have locked your Vice City thread rather.

Goten

Banned
I have installed Xp,ubuntu on windows 7....Its easy.....read more about boot and grub files.

Peace~~~!

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
All right. I've opened your cricket thread. I should have locked your Vice City thread rather.

No probs. Lock that thread bro. :D

I have installed Xp,ubuntu on windows 7....Its easy.....read more about boot and grub files.

Peace~~~!

Tried every possible settings, the issue is not compatibility related one. I tried MS AppCompatibility application,but still the same error.

I dropped the idea of playing it.:cry:(Man, i loved that game)

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Tried DOSBox and it's of no use. Mounted it to C:\game and tried running launcher.exe, but of no use... :( Any solution left there guys?

Top Bottom