issue with my Speakers

rajkiran

Broken In
Hello,

I have a strange problem with my speakers.

My PC is on a study table, and UPS is placed below and sometime my foot touches the UPS. the speakers get power supply from UPS. some time when accidently my foot touches the UPS, speaker give a sound and my PC gets restarted.

is this due to speakers or any other issue with UPS?

i have tried giving the power supply to my speakers from different source. but when i unplug and plug the speakers, a loud noise comes and my system gets restarted.

Did anyone faced this problem? can anyone suggest me a solution?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I think this is more of a case of a kaput power supply unit rather than speakers. Which are you using ? Please post complete model name with wattage.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ rajkiran - make sure you have proper earthing and when you plug in speaker a loud static like noise may come out from speaker which is normal AFAIK.

OP
R

rajkiran

Broken In
Thanks for the replies,

Here is my system specifications:

Motherboard: Biostar p35d2a7
Processor: Intel core 2 duo E8200
Ram: 2GB
Graphic Card: Sparkle gt7200 256MB
Hard Disk: Seagate 320GB + Seagate 500GB
DVD Writer: LG
Monitor: Dell SE-198WFP 19"
Power supply: Local i suppose -- Xtech 400W
Speakers: Sahara 5.1 channel

Let me know if any other information needed. Today i saw a SMPS from iball (XPS 252) 450W, getting it for 850. shall i go for it?

One more thing i have observed that, problem is not only with speakers but anything i plug in into the UPS when the system is running make it restart. yesterday i was trying to charge my mobile and when i plugged the charger in UPS, my system restarted. so this might be the issue with power supply as Said by "thetechfreak".

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't plug anything into the UPS when your pc is running from the UPS - if you have to use a UPS power plug point plug the device before you turn on the UPS and the pc.

Remove it after you have shutdown the Pc and the the UPS ( by using the switch on the wall socket / Spike Gurad ) - if you do so you should not face any such issues and postpone the PSU buying for now and do what I've told you.

OP
R

rajkiran

Broken In
Problem Solved... I have changed the Power supply and now my system wont get restarted when i plug or unplug the speakers or anything else. thank you all.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
nice to know and congrats on the purchase of the new PSU .. BTW, which PSu did you have before and which PSU you bought now ( brand and model no. ) ?

Top Bottom