Issue with ASUS RTN13U firmware

amjath

Human Spambot
Hi guys,
It was running smooth with 1.0.2.0 firmware. Found a beta version 7.6.2.2 and updated it. Ran into some issues so downgraded it. So anyone owning this router, can tell me which firmware are you using??

Also I have a series of issues to discuss with.

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Edit:

When the router was running 1.0.2.0 firmware OOB my shared files between windows 8 and win xp was great. But after firmware update, my router's DHCP IP sets as different network [192.168.2.1]. I downgraded my firmware again to 1.0.2.0 and I manually set the ip as 192.168.1.233 to access my router.

After all these things now i cannot share my folders between pc's also I cannot ping one pc to other please help

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Look at the bottom of router:

*event.asus.com/2009/networks/3gsupport/images/chkhw.jpg

I guess the latest firmware is 2.0.2.5o .

What other issues are you facing ?

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
No not B1.

for non b1 they stopped updating firmware [1.0.2.0] in 2010 itself.

this is how my pc is connected
*i.imgur.com/D3rmK.jpg?1

internet on all devices working. but pinging from pc1 to pc2/ router ip is not possible @ the moment. so i could not share

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
What error does it says on pinging ?

I'll look at my router settings and revert back in 2 days, currently everything is packed up.

btw Have you tried resetting the router?

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
destination host unreachable when i ping from pc 2 to pc 1's ip [which is assigned automatically].

Before this firmware update process everything was working fine. Sharing of folders from both PC's. I screwed everything :banghead:

thx anyways i'll wait

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
I did reset my router after that only I can access my internet on all devices simultaneously. Before the reset thing I did. I had to restart my router everytime when I turn on my wifi. Now this problem solved

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
no experience with router usb port sharing but maybe network settings can solve this ping problem.in the figure posted above mention the ip of pc1 & pc2 along with modem & router dhcp status & range.

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
I'm not sharing with USB port of my router. I'm trying to establish basic Windows folder sharing. I know the issue is with the router but couldn't figure out. pc 1 and pc 2 are said to obtain ip address automatically.
DHCP server is enabled in router
*i.imgur.com/r4EW4.jpg

modem dhcp server

*i.imgur.com/NsbBM.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
your settings are a mess.you have set same ip range in modem & router creating another conflict.i suggest you setup your network from start by reading this(courtesy of just4kix who wrote this useful guide):
*dw4.convertfiles.com/files/0038625001355031147/setup of ut-300r2 with linksys wrt54g.pdf

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
thanks both of u.
I can now ping from PC 2 [Win 8] to PC 1 [XP] but not from PC 1 to PC 2.

Note: Trust me I made had it on the same network before but why it wasn't working.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I was wondering one more thing. Dr. Surf (inbuilt diagnostic) was supposed to self diagnose and make changes accordingly.

Top Bottom