Issue with ASUS RTN13U firmware

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
I see.

The shared drives of PC 1 [XP] are easily accessible by PC 2 and PC 2 can be ping PC 1 [192.168.1.14].

But from PC 1 I cannot ping PC 2 [Windows 8, 192.168.2.100]

Now please help

gcbeldar

In the zone
No not B1.

for non b1 they stopped updating firmware [1.0.2.0] in 2010 itself.

this is how my pc is connected
*i.imgur.com/D3rmK.jpg?1

internet on all devices working. but pinging from pc1 to pc2/ router ip is not possible @ the moment. so i could not share

As per the diagram, Phone line is to be connected to the Modem not to the router ?

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
yes dude i know and it is connected to modem not router. I know the difference between both my issue is not about internet. it is about sharing folders

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
PC 1 [XP]
*i.imgur.com/b8yrt.jpg

PC 2 [Win 8]
*i.imgur.com/I6Twr.jpg

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it is not related to your issue at the moment still no harm in knowing it.it seems that by default ping is disabled on windows 8 default firewall configuration & there is a way to enable it without disabling the firewall.
How to Enable Ping Echo Replies in Windows 8 - How-To Geek

now coming to issue at hand i suspect that xp can not access windows 8 shared folders because of incorrect sharing settings.make sure that your xp admin account password is not blank.also check that in win 8 network sharing center type is "home" & in advanced setting password protected sharing is enabled which will prompt for your win 8 username/password when accessing from xp.

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
As the link says to enable the file sharing inbound it is enabled. password protected sharing I disabled it. Let me enable it and let u know.

Note: First time it was enabled and sharing works then I disabled it since it was annoying

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
forget about pinging win 8 for now.which router lan ip are you pinging anyway?192.168.2.1 is your router home address but what ip it is getting from modem you can not know for sure if dhcp is enabled in modem.just focus on accessing shared folders/drives from xp for which password protected sharing is must.

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Not successful I did it. I use this command in run \\pc2 IP\shared folder name . It should ask for username and password right but instead error shots.

Note: I did not do any changes in modem. It's still the same for the past 2 years lol

Top Bottom