ISRO to launch first Mars orbiter on 28th October

debarshi

Otaku
^ Yeah, right, and have another shuttle having ads of TATA/RP-SG..... *thats the Indian mindset*

Well, that wouldn't be much of a problem if they really tried to invest....Private involvement would be a good boost.....

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
What the government prefers is that we reverse engineer other people's technology and use it as our own. At least one example I can think of is that the INSAS assault rifle is actually a reverse engineered AK-47 copy.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Actually there are few private companies in the aviation sector..i have heard that godrej and L&T regularly make parts for ISRO..
There are many small companies as well who contribute to the aerospace industries..i cannot remember the names but i am very sure about the involvement.

What the government prefers is that we reverse engineer other people's technology and use it as our own. At least one example I can think of is that the INSAS assault rifle is actually a reverse engineered AK-47 copy.

Barring the INSAS rifle..we have not reverse engineered much..much of the reverse engineering is done by the chinese..case in point being making copies of Russian Sukhois and the military turbofans...India has been trying to make the turbo fan engine from scratch(Kaveri)

icebags

Technomancer
making few easy parts don't count. and insas is very bad quality of a copy.

and the mars launch programme has been postponed.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
making few easy parts don't count. and insas is very bad quality of a copy.

Agreed but thats a lot better than just copying designs of someone else.That doesn't help at all.It has its limitations.Actually research work take ages.Reverse engineering is a quick fix to problems.Most of these private companies start off from scratch.So they work their way from building small parts to at a later stage the ignition of a launch vehicle.Thats how the likes of godrej are progressing.You cant be expected to start making the rocket if you have no expertise over their basic hardware which are the few easy parts.

icebags

Technomancer
^ isro still has very limited capability, and may be limited enthusiasm too. they only have 1 launch centre and manage limited payload launches like 2-4 per year ? and our big neighbor does upto 20.

to be exact, they are also aggressive enough to monopolize asian satellite market. they already offering cheap satellite launches to east asian countries, pakistan srilanka and bangladesh. unless govt considers anything seriously, we will always remain back benchers.

and yes, sending manned space mission is a lot more difficult than sending a mars satellite with nasa help. seriously, isro doesnt even have a vehicle to carry the huge payload of a manned cargo. :(

Top Bottom