ISP in Bangalore

banskt

Broken In
Hi,

I live in Yeshwantpur, Bangalore. I am using a BSNL Unlimited Combo Plan 1499.

But I am facing certain difficulties:
a) The LAN ports of the modem is not working
b) Though mentioned unlimited, there is a catch :::: there is a bandwidth cap of 25GB beyond which the speed reduces to 256 kbps.

Can anybody suggest some good alternatives? I have the following things to consider
a) unlimited bandwidth
b) at least 1 Mbps connection speed
c) no bandwidth cap

Note: I know about Railwire, indeed Railwire has been extended to Sadashivanagar and Malleshwaram, I am just 1km away. I call Mr. Veera Reddy every week, and for the past 3 months he keeps on telling that "it would be done in a month"

What do you suggest at this moment?
a) Wait for Railwire
b) Fix my BSNL modem with Rs, 2000 and continue
c) Get Airtel 1399 plan

khmadhu

change is constant!!
yup thats right go for airtel.. its 1099 for 1mbps unlimited.. and if u r a corporate employee u may get discount on this..

OP
banskt

banskt

Broken In
I contacted Railwire, they assured me to provide a connection in 2 months. In fact, I know they are providing connection at Sadashivnagar as well as Malleshawarsm. Hence, Yeshwantpur must not be far behind. In fact, my address is under Sadashivnagar police station.

So, I got a 2nd hand modem for Rs. 100 from a BSNL engineer. This has solved the issue for the time being.

Thanks for all the help.

unni

In the zone
Railwire is the best option as far as I know in Bangalore. If it's going to available within 2-3 weeks, I think it would be better. (I am a Railwire user for the last 10 months or so).

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
how much download speed do you get in 1mbps connection? I am a satisfied BSNL user but won't mind changing it if I get a better deal from Railwire :)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
whoa that's great...bcuz in BSNL connection i get only ~70 at the max...

thanks a lot unni for answering...I will lookout for Railwire office now :)

unni

In the zone
Please note one thing in particular. In my area, Railwire doesn't directly provide internet. They do it through another distributor by name Earthlink (now acquired by Zylog). So, speed and connectivity may also depend on the distributor. I believe the distributor buys the bandwidth in bulk from Railwire and then he sells it to us.

Top Bottom