ISO trouble...

Status
Not open for further replies.

addy

Broken In
hey i was recently going through my old collection of stuff in my removable hard disk and i found my old collection of songs and photos of my family,,,.. but there is a big problem.... i saved those in .daa format through power iso and now i cant remember the password... searched all over the net to find a tool to get me out of this trouble but cant find any....
so it would be amazing if any of you guys here can help me out.. i'll be really happy if anyone can assist me in this matter...:smile:

um.. so around 50 veiws but no answers... awww.. i guess no one got any solution to my problem... ;(

OP
A

addy

Broken In
This is the reccomended way
This is the max we can say. Nothing more :wink:
um.. i have searched all over net already to find a tool that can hack open my files... but didn't find any software's for .daa formats:-(:-(... the ones i found support rar formats... And is it not allowed to give out the names of such software's here on this forums...?? I am kinda new to this forums so not totally aware of the rules here...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
DAA or Direct Access Archive is a proprietary file format developed by PowerISO - if you have a legit copy of PowerISO you can try sending a mail to PowerISO support desk.

Another way is to use a open source app called DAA2ISO

Download DAA2ISO 0.1.7e Free - Converts single and multipart DAA file images to the original ISO format. - Softpedia

to convert daa files into iso and the try opening them using daemon tools though I'm not sure if the password protection will be lifted by converting a daa file into iso but you can give it a try and post the result here ;-)

OP
A

addy

Broken In
DAA or Direct Access Archive is a proprietary file format developed by PowerISO - if you have a legit copy of PowerISO you can try sending a mail to PowerISO support desk.

Another way is to use a open source app called DAA2ISO

Download DAA2ISO 0.1.7e Free - Converts single and multipart DAA file images to the original ISO format. - Softpedia

to convert daa files into iso and the try opening them using daemon tools though I'm not sure if the password protection will be lifted by converting a daa file into iso but you can give it a try and post the result here ;-)

thanks a lot for trying to help man... i know that hacking stuff cant be discussed here but what i asked cant be counted totally in dark stuff....
so it was very nice of you to come forward and help...
but unfortunatly i had tried that method you told me to convert the .daa to .ios format already and its not possible to do it without a password..:-(:-(
and i dont have a legit version of power iso i am using the trial atm...
though most ppl already backed off from helping on this but still i'll try from my side and ask for help... if anyone still think they know a method which can solve my problems i'll be very very grateful if u can tell me..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Mmm. Intersting. Give this a try.
.DAA archive handling application? [Archive] - MacRumors Forums

And if you can, try this in Ubuntu.
Extract DAA Files In Ubuntu | LinuxTree

OP
A

addy

Broken In
^^
Mmm. Intersting. Give this a try.
.DAA archive handling application? [Archive] - MacRumors Forums

And if you can, try this in Ubuntu.
Extract DAA Files In Ubuntu | LinuxTree

um.. i tried the Ubuntu thingy but it also dont work.... :(
cant try the mac thingy cos i dont have mac....
can anyone try it for me plzz... if they got mac and power iso both...
it would be a really big help...
have been searching all over internet for like 1 week now and cant find even one freaking way to open a password protected .daa file..
there are brute force applications for all types of files leaving aside .daa..
was just wondering why is so...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Exercise those Gray cells Addy! If you were smart enough to put a password on your backup files, then you may also be able to recover password, which must be buried deep inside your mind somewhere!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
hey i was recently going through my old collection of stuff in my removable hard disk and i found my old collection of songs and photos of my family,,,.. but there is a big problem.... i saved those in .daa format through power iso and now i cant remember the password... searched all over the net to find a tool to get me out of this trouble but cant find any....

I wish there wud a time machine...or real Source Code(movie)

Rules of PC:
1.If u have a password,then never ever forget it.
2.If u forget your password then never ever put it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Summary of the thread - he really need to remember THE PASSWORD to get his files back ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom