iso burning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
Am planning to install windows 7 in my comp for dual booting along with xp . now my problem is that my windows7 file is in iso format that i got from digit dvd ..... so i want u guys help on how to burn the image to a dvd .... i have tried but i just cant grasp it since its m 1st time with image file . i ahve nero 7.XX ulit and isoburner . so can some one help me burn it with step to step tut .......with any of the two sf. but i found nero more confusing then isoburner !!!!!

thanks in advance

rajhot

S60 rocks
Nero has some problems with burning iso files..so try with IMgburn it works like a charm

If u have a 4GB usb drive u can even try installing with that

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Nero must be one of the most badly designed pieces of bloatware. It so happens that we discussed it in a newsgroup a week ago. Here's one poster's comment:

I used Nero for a couple of weeks a few years ago and it was THE
most frustrating and infuriating experience of my computing life
(about 15 years). I /will/ admit it actually burns OK discs, but
it also takes a heavy toll on your mind.
....<snip>....

Not being able to remember/find HOW you used to do something
/very simple/ is a sign of a badly designed program, of which
Nero is one of the best examples I have ever seen. A maze of
illogical and incomprehensible and unnecessary windows and
vicious dialog circles and 20 minutes of ****ing around to do
something which should take 5 clicks.

Anyhow, to burn an ISO image, open the drop-down menu under "Recorder" and select "Burn Image". A window will open to let you choose the image you want to burn.

Now why the hell do they put "Burn Image", "Erase Rewriteable Disc". etc under Recorder?

Personally I prefer Nero 6 over 7 because 7 is too fussy about media. 7 often refuses to burn slightly scratched discs that are perfectly useable with 6 and can be read without any problem. After using 7 for some time, I switched back to 6.6.0.13.

OP
MR.MOUSTACHE

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
Nero has some problems with burning iso files..so try with IMgburn it works like a charm

If u have a 4GB usb drive u can even try installing with that

downloading ........

i dont want to use my only 4gb pen drive so have to use a dvd ... otherwise i prefer pen drive

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nero = bloat...rightly said above.

Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 is what I use at th moment.

Well if you guys are bashing Nero for being a bloatware, you all need to get your sources right. I am using a micro version thats just 11mb. Needless to say, it works like a charm and I havent ever thought of moving to any other piece of software to burn my discs.

OP
MR.MOUSTACHE

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
done guys with power iso 4.4 .... man it was done with jiff.......and it consumes very less resource !!!! thanks guys !!!!

will be back again with more problem soon !!! lol

OP
MR.MOUSTACHE

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
done guys with power iso 4.4 .... man it was done with jiff.......and it consumes very less resource !!!! thanks guys !!!!

will be back again with more problem soon !!! lol

OP
MR.MOUSTACHE

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
Well if you guys are bashing Nero for being a bloatware, you all need to get your sources right. I am using a micro version thats just 11mb. Needless to say, it works like a charm and I havent ever thought of moving to any other piece of software to burn my discs.

come on bro dont get cocky out here..... every one does not have a super computer like u but most of have a decent comp .......and yes nero a resource hungry sf even if u have a good system conig ... check it ur self how much it use. and i guess evry one will agree .

just in case :

i have a core2duo : E6850-3 GHz
with xfx board
2x2gb kingstone ram
250 gb seagate HD
with niida 9500 gf card .

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
vashista, if you're happy with Nero, that's fine. But criticism of Nero is not just the opinion of a few TDF members. It's worldwide among computer-savvy people.

It's like Adobe Reader vs. Foxit Reader - 35.7MB vs. 3.68MB. At present, Nero vs. CDBurnerXP is 382MB vs. 3MB, plus $100 vs. $0, plus difficult vs. easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom