Is Your GMAIL Compromised ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
the isleaked tool, you can use wildcard chars (*) for checking, without even entering email id. This just proves that they have your id, without you needing to enter it
What is suspicious is that the domain name was registered two days before the leak, and they didn't announce it

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
lol, my id is on the list
but the password is wrong, was never my password. what gives?

it might not be your gmail password. it can be a password you had given for some other websites but registered with your gmail address.

moniker

Broken In
the isleaked tool, you can use wildcard chars (*) for checking, without even entering email id. This just proves that they have your id, without you needing to enter it
What is suspicious is that the domain name was registered two days before the leak, and they didn't announce it
When I search for *@gmail.com it shows just 291 matches. Shouldn't that be 5 million?

tkin

Back to school!!
Just enable Two step verification... No need to bother about leaks! Period.
So if there are some issues with your mobile provider, or you had lost your phone, or you're in an area where there is poor or no network coverage but internet is there(offices), you'll be locked out of your account? Or does the two step verification works offline as well? Like a secure token?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
So if there are some issues with your mobile provider, or you had lost your phone, or you're in an area where there is poor or no network coverage but internet is there(offices), you'll be locked out of your account? Or does the two step verification works offline as well? Like a secure token?

you can get back up codes.

$hadow

Geek in making
Even though I have two step verification on and my name is on the list so should I worry about it?

ratul

█████████████████
hmm, none of my 9 accounts are on list, of which two of the accounts are >7 years old.. :p
Surprised that even the accounts i use for hacking and spam testing are not there.. :chinscratch: Was skeptical about entering my id's on that as it might be a large mail mining scheme, but well, i don't really care about spams.. :p (and use wildcards to search.)

tkin

Back to school!!
hmm, none of my 9 accounts are on list, of which two of the accounts are >7 years old.. :p
Surprised that even the accounts i use for hacking and spam testing are not there.. :chinscratch: Was skeptical about entering my id's on that as it might be a large mail mining scheme, but well, i don't really care about spams.. :p (and use wildcards to search.)
I checked them with my original id, it wasn't there and I'm not worried about spams, Gmail's spam filtering algorithm is getting better day by day, I haven't received a spam in inbox in ages.

tinamalik

Broken In
I logged in an hour ago and received a mail that stated, someone was trying to login my mail from USA and if its not me then change the password.

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
Ok Can somebody throw some light on the part "25th of september became known of another biggest vulnerability CVE-2014-6271 (shellshock or bashdoor). All of the devices use bash shell like routers are potentially exposed. Check yourself now!"
Is Shellshock some kind of hoax or are we gonna see bruce wills jumping out of Fighter plane to save the world? :lol:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok Can somebody throw some light on the part "25th of september became known of another biggest vulnerability CVE-2014-6271 (shellshock or bashdoor). All of the devices use bash shell like routers are potentially exposed. Check yourself now!"
Is Shellshock some kind of hoax or are we gonna see bruce wills jumping out of Fighter plane to save the world? :lol:

*www.digit.in/forum/technology-news...-running-bash-shell-mac-nix-users-beware.html

BryanM35

Broken In
My account is compromised I experiencing some issue like my contacts have received suspicious messages from my address or my contacts and mail have gone missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom