Is Windows near end of its run ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Well Bill Gates will be fully retired from MS soon. But, still he will get enough money depending on the fortunes of MS.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Dear "Doomsday prophets" keep dreamin the "end" of MS as that's all that it will be a dream. MS has ruled, is ruling & WILL continue to rule while ppl who can't stand it's popularity keep arguing till cows come back home bout how many hundreds of linux versions it takes to unseat MS...good luck with ur dreams.
Dear "Doomsday prophets" keep dreamin the "end" of MS as that's all that it will be a dream. MS has ruled, is ruling & WILL continue to rule while ppl who can't stand it's popularity keep arguing till cows come back home bout how many hundreds of linux versions it takes to unseat MS...good luck with ur dreams.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
not a dream babey!Linux and BSD's surely replaces ur fugly m$ domination.dont bark for it :D

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
caleb said:
Cos faith can move Mountains. Let's wait and watch the future unfold before our eyes. We'll know.

mihirvashist

Journeyman
i don't MS will be out of this buisness but certainly we will see a difference in their market strategy,product deployment,etc...
however linux might overtake windows in future...
so for now just wait and watch

tehnogeek

Broken In
subbzzz said:
Microsoft Windows 2020 -> Install Directly into your Brain? :confused:

:p

r u crazy !!!!!! would u like to install something like that and that also from microsoft into ur brain !!!!!!!! Brave Soul........

praka123

left this forum longback
tehnogeek said:
r u crazy !!!!!! would u like to install something like that and that also from microsoft into ur brain !!!!!!!! Brave Soul........
take it as a Joke Yaar!he may be quoting bill's dreams and his photo with a chord inserted into his brain as the one found in slashdot.org
:))

*iup.in/img/praka123/thumb/00003989.jpg

*www.theawayteam.com/RANT/billgates.html

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Whatever people may say, you need to admit that windows overall is much more convenient to use, everybody has it, everybody knows it, everybody is happy and linux is in not major way superior to windows to justify the change, nor will it ever be.
The only thing people cry about is the price, that is here to stay, either things will become cheaper, or people will become richer, or people will pirate, and in the near future nothing is gonna change.

Why the hell are you against windows? Most people pirate, some take linux, some buy orignal, thats it. If you can't afford it, blame it for the prices, but not for the content, there is nothing wrong with Windows, it may be a bit expensive for Indians, but that hardly matters to any of us, you know why, right?

I know this may seem offtopic. As for your topic, yes, Vista may be the last of the era. The next Don will be Blackcomb, to be released around 4yrs or so from now.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
I THINK WINDOWS CHANGE ITS BASICS IT WILL MOVE TO COMMAND SHELL & WILL SOON HAVE TO PUBLIC ITS CODE AS OPEN SOURCE LIKE LINUX SO THAT PEOPLE MAKE IT MORE SECURE TO BE USED

FUTURE WILL BE OF MORE SECURE OS

WINDOWS OR LINUX (choice is urs)

gaurav21r

Journeyman
I agree; the future of Windows may well be Open-Source. Though Windows was and always will be the most popular OS we all know the rising decline in its market share.

Even with the popularity of Linux and co growing each day, i dont think Windows will ever stop ruling. Their decrease in market share might actually be a good thing. It actually pushes the guys at Microsoft to produce better, faster software. Had no other OS challenged Windows, Microsoft ppl could have become complacent and who knows we would still be using Win 98!??

It's simple. When alternative OS's are available which can do almost anything Windows could and are offered @ a lesser price (free in some cases), it would only motivate Microsoft to keep producing better more powerful (not to mention cost-effective) versions of Windows , even if it means completely changing their coding and/or Marketing strategies.

But it'll be for the better right??

mediator

Technomancer
akshayt said:
Whatever people may say, you need to admit that windows overall is much more convenient to use, everybody has it, everybody knows it, everybody is happy and linux is in not major way superior to windows to justify the change, nor will it ever be.
U won't have said the above if u have experienced modern linux distros! My friend says the same as u, but I guess its more of human nature to resist changes and experience something different!

akshayt said:
The only thing people cry about is the price, that is here to stay, either things will become cheaper, or people will become richer, or people will pirate, and in the near future nothing is gonna change.

Why the hell are you against windows? Most people pirate, some take linux, some buy orignal, thats it. If you can't afford it, blame it for the prices, but not for the content, there is nothing wrong with Windows, it may be a bit expensive for Indians, but that hardly matters to any of us, you know why, right?
No body is against windows. But its just only that some people don't like windows to be compared to other distros and to be made to look inferior! U shud understand the difference between closed source software (windows) and open source sofware(Linux) and how open source software is much much better than closed source software!!

gaurav21r said:
It's simple. When alternative OS's are available which can do almost anything Windows could and are offered @ a lesser price (free in some cases), it would only motivate Microsoft to keep producing better more powerful (not to mention cost-effective) versions of Windows , even if it means completely changing their coding and/or Marketing strategies.
All above goes for u too! Neways how MS keep producing powerful products? By giving crashes,hangups and BSODs?? Neways what marketing startegies has to do with making powerful products?? It seems u also need a glimpse of modern day Linux distros!

akshayt said:
I know this may seem offtopic. As for your topic, yes, Vista may be the last of the era. The next Don will be Blackcomb, to be released around 4yrs or so from now.
I agree this is off topic, thats why I advice u to read the Linux Vs debate
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38169
And then post ur comments after reading the debate thoroughly from the start to end!

selvamcbe

Broken In
Google plan to launch new operating system in the end of 2007.Then all of the OS will be :mad: :mad: :cry: :cry:
stop advertising or be banned

Last edited by a moderator:

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
prakash kerala said:
not a dream babey!Linux and BSD's surely replaces ur fugly m$ domination.dont bark for it :D
How many hundreds of linux versions will it take? By the way do u know the no. of linux/open source OS versions released so far? count them & u might get an answer.

mediator

Technomancer
caleb said:
How many hundreds of linux versions will it take? By the way do u know the no. of linux/open source OS versions released so far? count them & u might get an answer.
And u please keep on counting the MS updates , which are released like parts of windows in installments to make windows complete and actually usable so that u can work without any obstructions or BSODs , which outnumber heavily the total number of Linux distros and updates released! Neways what about the linux versions? IS it bad? Please elaborate ur opinion!

Neways as u say we know the number of versions of any single linux distro and nobody is making absurd comments if u are thinking that!

If u wanna Windows Vs Linux debate, comparisons and wanna see their already accelerated popularity then read from the start,carefully and then please post here (thread below) without repeating the points!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38169

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer today attempted to end rumors that Windows Vista will be the last Windows client operating system, claiming that Microsoft has "plenty more where that came from" at a press event to mark the consumer launch of the new OS and Office 2007 in New York.
*www.pcworld.com/article/id,128681-pg,1/article.html

rajasekharan

Youngling
I am planning to introduce a new o.s . . Klindos which will challenge win and lin . And it will cost a whoppin 50k ,just hopping that people will pirate it and it will be popular . :) giving free products is not gonna make things popular these days :-(.. . Just kidding ,just waiting for service pack 1 for vista :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom