Is Windows near end of its run ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
"Is Vista the last operating system of this era? That is, the last operating system in the traditional sense of being this monolithic software product? Don't these Internet changes open the door to Windows a la carte?..."

interesting interview of Steve Ballmer, the chief executive of Microsoft, at
*news.com.com/Is+Windows+near+end+of+its+run/2100-1016_3-6125965.html?tag=nefd.top

Anindya

In the zone
Given the intense competition that Microsoft is facing, they will have to change their tactics of marketing their products. Vista maybe the last OS with their present marketing tactics.:rolleyes:

altimate

Broken In
Soon Linux would Crush all of the WINDOWZ ...
No matter which Edition it may b
XP or VISTA.................

shaunak

Tux Fan
The first thing i noticed about vista was its heavy dependeny on the net. It does blur the boundaries between a standalone publication and a netbased product but somehow i like it that way. Using net based content helps keep the reference material up to date and makes for a better user experience esp for a new user.
One thumb up to microsoft for doing that. Hope *nix distirios follow the trend so installation and configuration become a breeze.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Window is user friendly and Linux is Programer Friendly IMO.

So User will go with Windows and Programer with Linux.

MS may make OS free soon !

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Stick said:
Window is user friendly and Linux is Programer Friendly IMO.

So User will go with Windows and Programer with Linux.

MS may make OS free soon !
lol. Now that's one of the more funnier things I have read today. So, many people use linux and only a small part of them are programmers. I myself belong to users rather than programmers.

kirtan

Journeyman
Windows stopping!! No Way dude.You can find the windows users at every place.It's ease of use is it's biggest plus.Jab tak suaraj chand rahega Windows OS use hota rahega.

mediator

Technomancer
MS revolutionised the home PC(personal computer) concept. I dont think they'll be out so soon. They got the resources and money. I dunno if VISTA will be the last. But one thing I know is Linux is spreading fast like a wild fire. Just in 2yrs I experience its ease better than windows now, its GUI giving competition to XP and STYLE XP (witness the GUI of Knoppix) . At such rate and availability of so many apps, increasing support for hardware drivers and competition between various Linux distros (to provide the best) it wont be long when everyone will be experiencing the perfection of an OS (i.e GUI,ease, various OS transparencies) with already available freedom that comes bundled with Linux distros !:)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
when ipod was at its peak it was said that windows is shattered now .... but guess what it came back when google and yahoo posed as a challenge to ms it stood its ground .... there was a certain browser called as netscape which now is buried ..... windows is never gonna go it will only grow bigger and 1 day from windows be named to doors

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
near future .... where was mac os for so long ....? .... guess what it will remain there in the near future as well

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
At Microsoft, Ballmer must adjust to being alone at the top, as his friend and longtime partner, Bill Gates, eases out of his company duties to work full time on philanthropy.
What the hell? Billy has left Microsoft and is now a philanthropist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom