Is this rock or metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Hey
I hav never ben into music but recently i listened to this 'linkin park' in my cousins ipod and since then, very unexpectedly I am in luv with this sort of music.
I listen to their album(meteora) like every day atleast 5 times. Its so intense pumpin , just awsome!!

exactly which sort of music is this - *files.myopera.com/chesss/files/don't%20stay.ogg (300kb) - me body is craving to hear more similar stuff.

rock? metal ? wikipedia says its nu metal rock or something..

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
its nu metal...or rap-metal or rapcore whatever you call it.since its got hip-hop element its classified under nu-metal

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
considered nu-metal though LP doesn't match the hardness of other nu-metal bands and the rap-rockish style is usually absent in other bands of the same genre.

"Don't Stay" is nu-metal too.

if you want music similar to linkin park the band you should look for is "Adema" ;)

Last edited:
OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
thx chester.
About the lil audio clip I posted, What 'sound' exactly is that?

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
LP are Alternative Rock guyz "Meteora" and "Hybrid Theory" are gr8 albums but don't try to buy Minutes 2 Midnight it sux bigtime except "W.I.D"

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
ratedrsuperstar said:
LP are Alternative Rock guyz "Meteora" and "Hybrid Theory" are gr8 albums but don't try to buy Minutes 2 Midnight it sux bigtime except "W.I.D"

I dunno if its really alternative. It gets heavy playtime on radio now-a-days.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
That sound you're asking is produced by a Turntable .. Those Vinyls and all that DJs use. Joe Hahn is the DJ/Turntablist in Linkin Park.

Am surprised people aren't saying "STFU u 13 yr ol' n00b, LP scks" :)

napsterabhi

Right off the assembly line
that sound......hah hah.....i know.....

jus go to ur kitchen and start throwing plates, utensils, tumblers, etc everywhere as madly as possible.....ur's will be a better sound than this....:D:D:D

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
napsterabhi said:

jus go to ur kitchen and start throwing plates, utensils, tumblers, etc everywhere as madly as possible.....ur's will be a better sound than this....:D:D:D
There .. it's started! :p

demoninside

In the zone
Well LP is defined in a different way, It's Alternative ROCK.
SO I think some one say it's a rapcore which is around, but They are defined under Alternative ROCK.

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
That sound you're asking is produced by a Turntable .. Those Vinyls and all that DJs use. Joe Hahn is the DJ/Turntablist in Linkin Park.
thanks , this is what I wanted to know. Not that turntables and vinyls makes sense to me, but I can google around.
"STFU u 13 yr ol' n00b, LP scks"
lol, well this forum is 'safe' forum for potenial noob quesitons :D

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Hey I actually wanted to post a young DJ playing the Don't Stay on his own turn table and his name was some hahnfan something on YouTube, just can't locate his profile :( You can try searching it on YouTube and see the other LP tunes he plays too!

karnivore

in your face..
napsterabhi said:

Is it so important for u to let everyone know that u r one ingnorant dude?

Well.........its your choice.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Ah leave them, they'll just drone on .. Some people just don't know how much music tastes differ person to person.

raj_2400

Right off the assembly line
hi

Lp is actually now classifed as a alternative metal band ever since they released 'minutes to midnight' which i think is their best work ever with stronger guitars and physco piano work....apparently they spent 14 months wrking on this album and wrote 101 songs in the process..at least that whats what the band claims

there are better altrenative metal band like ADEMA, DEFAULT ,TOOL (MY FAV)...

LP IS JST OVERRATED

OP
chesss

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Just listened to 'suffocate' from from motorgate (send blank pm for mp3 link) . comes under hevay or nu metal.

ahhhhhh it finally satisfied my cravings for that heavyish loud intense music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom