Motherboard
GA-P31-ES3G
PSU
Corsair VX450
Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo Desktop Processor E7400
ram
Kingston ram 2gb 800mhz

so guys i want to go for this config now say if all's good or not..???

pavasedge

Your worst nightmare
I already told you not to go for 1GB graphics card.Its not needed if u don't play at higher resolutions.9600GT is a mid range card,it can only handle games at meduim resolutions.Yes your PSU is very good.But I suggest better go for Cooler Master 600W PSU and Radeon HD4770.Corsair is better than CM but CM is good too.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Dude, change ur config to this:-

- Kingston 4GB DDR2 800MHZ @ 1.9k
- Corsair VX450W @ 3.9k
- Zotac GTX260 @ 10.3k(from lynx-india)

This card, GTX260, is "x" times better than a 9600GT, and "x" here is a BIG number. It's worth it.

OP
S

sanjeev choudhary

Broken In
Get radeon 4770 for 6.5k instead of 9600gt. It's almost 1.5 times faster.

the reason i'm going for palit card is that i want hdmi port to connect to my LCD i dunn have ant#y monitor so i will put it on 32" LCD tv and it has that option and second#d thing is that it will support future games too.:)

comp@ddict

I think HD4770 models come with HDMI conn. or u can get a converter for 700 bucks. dude, get a better card.

utsav

damn busy...
Who said to u that u gotta change mobo? Only sli and crossfire is mobo dependent. You can use any GPU brand in any mobo if it has PCI-E slot

Gowt1ham

Gowt1ham
^^^^^^^^^No, u can use it on ur rig no problem. However it wont support hybrid power saving like on 790gx motherboard.

If u are playing @ 1920 X 1080 on 22"+ monitor better get HD 4850/HD 4870 1GB DDR5.

No use of 1Gb on low end GPU.

OP
S

sanjeev choudhary

Broken In
cabinet
Zebby Antibiotic
Cd drive
Sony 22X Internal DVD-RW AD-7220S
Graphics card
ATI Radeon™ HD 4770
Hard disk
WD caviar black 1TB SATA Internal HDD
Motherboard
gigabyte GA-P31-ES3G
PSU
Corsair VX450
Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo Desktop Processor E7400
ram
Kingston ram 2gb 800mhz

then i guess this would be my final config as the budget is limited...hehehe....

I already told you not to go for 1GB graphics card.Its not needed if u don't play at higher resolutions.9600GT is a mid range card,it can only handle games at meduim resolutions.Yes your PSU is very good.But I suggest better go for Cooler Master 600W PSU and Radeon HD4770.Corsair is better than CM but CM is good too.

1) No stick to Corsair PSUs. Corsair provides quality PSUs with unimaginable power.
2) Instead of Kingston go for either G-Skill, Corsair, OCZ or patriot. Very good for Overclocking with life time warranty. First 2 are the best choices.
3) Go for good Casing like CM 690 or 590 Centurian. If you are looking for a good gaming rig then your CPU Case should allow your circuit to breath

comp@ddict

ATI Radeon™ HD 4770
okay, stay with this card, but atleast change these:-

PSU - Corsair CX400W @ 3.2k
RAM - 2*2=4GB DDR2 800MHz Kingston @ 1.9k

So, u're saving on PSU, and using that for RAM.
A VX450W would go waste, so save the extra k, and use that for RAM.

OP
S

sanjeev choudhary

Broken In
okay, stay with this card, but atleast change these:-

PSU - Corsair CX400W @ 3.2k
RAM - 2*2=4GB DDR2 800MHz Kingston @ 1.9k

So, u're saving on PSU, and using that for RAM.
A VX450W would go waste, so save the extra k, and use that for RAM.

k thanx for the tip so ur saying that 400W will be enough for this config u sure coz i was thinking to OC this pc upto 3.4 instead of current 2.8. so in that case i will need some cooling rite..!!!

p.s r u sure that i,ll get kingston for that price coz we i checked it was like 1.3k for 2 gb

OP
S

sanjeev choudhary

Broken In
so what is the diffrence b/w
sapphire radeon hd 4770 and ati radeon hd 4770

is there any price diffrence in b/w them or only company diffrence, and what would be a better option?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
there are no practical ATI radeon 4770 cards, and are just sample models.
u will find 4770 only from some vendor like sapphire/palit/gecube etc.
sapphire 4770@7.2k
palit 4770@6.7k

and if u intend on high resolution, get a 4850 with 1Gb or somethin, oe even GTX 260@11k with the corsair VX450 or Antec earthwatt EA 500.
both are equally gud, antec being slightly cheap.

OP
S

sanjeev choudhary

Broken In
there are no practical ATI radeon 4770 cards, and are just sample models.
u will find 4770 only from some vendor like sapphire/palit/gecube etc.
sapphire 4770@7.2k
palit 4770@6.7k

and if u intend on high resolution, get a 4850 with 1Gb or somethin, oe even GTX 260@11k with the corsair VX450 or Antec earthwatt EA 500.
both are equally gud, antec being slightly cheap.

okk thanx will definitely consider that.
btw how bout OC all of my config i.e frm CPU ,,RAM AND GRAPHICS CARD can any body come up with sm nice combination for them all.
thanx :)

-anmol-

Broken In
Brother ,that G31 Momboard is best suited for a E5200.

When you buy a processor like the E7400 which is a superb overclocker, buy a P45 or atleast a P43 to do justice to your proccy.When you are buyn a rig like that atleast get a platform thats strong,which will benefit all of your prized components.

Give it a thought.:smile:

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@sanjeev, I don't think Palit has released HD4770.

Available brands:

Sapphire
MSI
XFX

The card from these three brands looks identical top to bottom and the copper cooler on these three looks to be better than that in reference card as it is bigger and fan too is bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom