Is this Broadband

Do you like such plans ??

• I hate them like hell

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Ya give me more

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • No COmments (I'm already far beyonds )

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been with Airtel for the past 5 years, and I am quite happy with their service.

Talking about unlimited broadband plans, I am with an unlimited plan that offers 384 kbps that costs me 999 p.m. I used to pay the same for 128 kbps long ago, then it became 256 and now 384. I know I would be happy with more bandwidth for less money, but as humans we are always greedier.

I really can't tell much about other ISP's because I do not know about their plans or services.

But let me remind you all that across the world, all ISPs are facing a huge bandwidth crisis because of torrents and streaming videos and such. India is also catching up fast on that. So I am sure our ISPs will not open up the floodgates for the misers in the near future.

I think ISPs like BSNL are doing it right by giving high speeds with limited bandwidth usage. If you are planning to torrent then you need to either limit your speed or pay up more.

torrent downloads can only hook upto 60KBps, it will not FLOOD the isp.
and i don't think that by giving more speed and less bandwidth is a great idea, like giving a child a big plate and one spoon of noodles to eat!
imagine, a 100mbps connection and 100MB usage .... :D
and is india catching up to flooding? as you say???
*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/11large.png

D@rekills4

In the zone
Faster Internet

The showed it on the front page if "The Times of india"
The internet that can download film within seconds
When is that coming??

Dragoon

Broken In
Re: Faster Internet

The showed it on the front page if "The Times of india"
The internet that can download film within seconds
When is that coming??

That is total absurdity.....

I am using Airtel unlimited 256 kbps at Rs.800. It is nice. But there are frequent crashes now and then.

Downloading a movie in seconds is stupid. Maybe that movie is just some 100kB...

*i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/17large.png

Dragoon

Broken In
If you've read digit June 2008 issue, there is an article about the popular sites view by Indian users. Most of the illegal sites are placed in the 8th to 14th positions and so they're thinking about reducing broadband features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom