Is this a good configration for medium range gaming pc or should I make any changes? plz suggest..!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
Re: Is this a good configration for medium range gaming pc or should I make any changes? plz suggest

Guys, cool down and Sumon, I am deleting your Will Smith image.

The Incinerator, buddy, just behave little politely. Look, not everybody can extend their budget by a huge amount and you have to understand that.
Regarding Dual Core CPu with a high end Graphics card, there are plenty of cases where they are getting bottlenecked, BF3, Crysis 2 are two most well known example of it. Now correct me if I'm wrong, they are the best looking games of 2011 too and have very well multi-threading support and lots of advance computaion based algorithm to enhance image quality which need extra horse power. Don't you want OP to have a well balanced config in every aspect?

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Re: Is this a good configration for medium range gaming pc or should I make any changes? plz suggest

^^sorry about that bro :(

peace !

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

Guys, cool down and Sumon, I am deleting your Will Smith image.

The Incinerator, buddy, just behave little politely. Look, not everybody can extend their budget by a huge amount and you have to understand that.
Regarding Dual Core CPu with a high end Graphics card, there are plenty of cases where they are getting bottlenecked, BF3, Crysis 2 are two most well known example of it. Now correct me if I'm wrong, they are the best looking games of 2011 too and have very well multi-threading support and lots of advance computaion based algorithm to enhance image quality which need extra horse power. Don't you want OP to have a well balanced config in every aspect?

Im polite as long as some one is not calling names as dumb, stupid, masses and passing sarcastic gestures ... etc.Check on that too. anyways that aside....

I absolutely agree on the balanced Config thing. But that rig of i3 with a HD 7870 was more like to make him undersatnd that a powerfull CPU is not all that he needs to have to have a great gaming rig and the GPU is equally important. You will agree that a i3 with a 7870 will do better than i5/8150 with a 7770 or 7850 in almost all games but wont be balanced when the game is very very cpu intensive. Now for a single BF3 or Starcraft is it sensible to go for a hi end Cpu and a capable GPU or mid end when its mostly a Gaming machine in question.I might add this, aint it akin to getting a Nvida GPU just for the sake of a single thing called Physix? Tell me is it worth it to get a Processor for Rs 12000 and a GPU for Rs 13500? It aint balanced too.
Look here the i3 at Rs 6000 less is not alarmingly bad when compared to a i5 2500k in Gaming. I still think the bottleneck wont be an issue.Correct me if Im wrong.

AnandTech - Bench - CPU

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Price of
i3-2120 is 6700/-
i3-3220 is 7200/- Plus taxes.

You will agree that a i3 with a 7870 will do better than i5/8150 with a 7770 or 7850 in almost all games but wont be balanced when the game is very very cpu intensive.
Look here the i3 at Rs 6000 less is not alarmingly bad when compared to a i5 2500k in Gaming. I still think the bottleneck wont be an issue.Correct me if Im wrong.

1. Presently, yes. but in future no.
2. Presently not bad except for 1-2 games, but getting a processor having 4 real cores is good in terms of future-proofing.
Also note that with the release of IB, LGA1155 have almost come to an end. Haswell is expected to be released sometime in next year. Won't it be more useful to get a real 4 core processor now, rather than getting a better graphics card cause if we are lucky, then we won't be seeing many SB/IB processors in the market after one year or so. People can upgrade graphics card any time. Every year both AMD & nvidia release new architecture and there is no compatibility issues while installing them as all you need is a PCI-E2.0/3.0, not a new socket.
In my opinion, at the present time, anyone who don't upgrade their PC components frequently (read yearly) should concentrate more on getting a good Processor + motherboard combo rather than getting a good (or the best) graphics card.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

^^ If I go by what you are saying then no Hi End cards will ever sell rather everybody will buy a good CPU and Mobo and a mid end card and keep upgrading their cards yearly. Even if you buy a good Quad for now it will look bad as soon as a new series come out with new set of native features and faster architecture better performance.It has happened all the time.Future proofing is a myth. The good processor with Hi-End cards is a known solution for gamers on a budget since the E2220 and 8800GT days. If you look around in international forums there are many using a i3 2120 and GTX 570/670/7850/7870 without any problems in almost all the games.I can link them if you want. .But yes a good processor is always a good processor I completely agree with you on that,mate.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Here in this case budget of OP is low and it is not possible to accommodate a good processor + motherboard + good GPU in that 50K budget. He have to make some sort of compensation.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

^^ that is absolutely the case here,agree on that.

Top Bottom