Is this a good configration for medium range gaming pc or should I make any changes? plz suggest..!!

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Re: Is this a good configration for medium range gaming pc or should I make any changes? plz suggest

i gave wiki coz its what most ppl will bet their lives on it..if i say i have access to intel docs you will certainly dispute it..wouldn't you?
anyhoo...guess this will suit ur tastes Launch schedule of Intel Haswell processors
just coz u dont like the links or source doesn't mean i am over reacting:)
We tend to know stuff before the masses do.
remember how soon 1156 went into EOL SB was released? around 6 months at most...

Intel pins hopes on Haswell to boost PC sales | ZDNet
22nm Intel Haswell Processor Release Date and Z87, H87 Chipset Details | Lensfire
Intel release Haswell processor in 2013 | New Technology
Can Intel’s Haswell beat AMD’s APU in 2013? | KitGuru

all suggest a release date of mid/late 2013..

Its better if I stop taking you seriously.
And Who the Hell Elite are you to call the rest masses? Take care of yourself ,man.Seriously.

Last edited:

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Re: Is this a good configration for medium range gaming pc or should I make any changes? plz suggest

why may i ask?
i dont think any wrong info is given there.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

You are contradicting yourself. In one thread you are hellbound and hellbent to make the OP buy a i5 2500K and in the very next thread you are dead against (edit) when for a few thousand more the OP can actually afford it.. What are you doing. Are you confusing or misleading? Refer to the #16th post.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door

Its better if I stop taking you seriously.
And Who the Hell Elite are you to call the rest masses? Take care of yourself ,man.Seriously.
my my..such anger...am not elite or something..we just keep an eye on these stuff closely than you do :)
also..i see u quoted my post on anand's thread...and called me misleading...would you be kind/decent enough to point out where i mislead?
before u go out venting all out on someone i suggest u actually read...
i have seen you making informed posts..so i dont really expected this post form you..

You are contradicting yourself. In one thread you are hellbound and hellbent to make the OP buy a i5 2500K and in the very next thread you are dead against (edit) when for a few thousand more the OP can actually afford it.. What are you doing. Are you confusing or misleading? Refer to the #16th post.

the thing is budget....not every one can shell out a few k's on a whim...
OP seems like a guy who will make a rig for long term(pretty redundant term IMHO)..the best he could do is
an i5+B75 combo as base since he has to keep everything under 50K.
but he wont be able to overclock.which is one of his requirements..his path pretty much stops there as B75 cannot handle the turbo on i7 processors.
and btw...a 2500K+a decent board like Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Z77 would cost him around 24k...which is too much in this budget...leaves him almost too little for the psu and stuff..
Everyone's requirements is different...and so is the suggestions.
Anand's case if different here...dont mix em up

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

The budget thing has been addressed by me in my first post of itself. If it is possible that he can spend Rs 6700 more he should go and get the Intel rig otherwise he has the AMD option which is favourable in this budget context but not necessarily be better or the best buy. The problem with you Sumon , is you run for judgments too early without even reading properly. I dont know why but I see you have a knack for drawing up conclusions too early. Im not opposing AMD but giving a better option albeit at an extra cost as we all know for gaming at Rs 6700 more the Intel i5 is superior. Even you agree on that as you have been suggesting it in the other thread,so the conclusion is if his budget permits we both can safely conclude he can go for the i5.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door

^^i concentrated on the budget part as it is clear he wont be able to shell out 6-7K after 50K.
its clearly stated that he cannot.
anyhoo...am leaving this on the OP...dont want to be targeted personally for no reason anymore..

OP
C

chetan m

Broken In

ADM FX 8150 @ 11.4K
MSI 970A-GD46 @ 4.6K
G-skill RipjawX 1600 MHz DDR3 4GB X 2 @ 3K
WD Caviar Blue 1TB SATA III 6 Gbps 64 MB Cache @ 4.7K
Seasonic Eco 600 600W 85% PSU @ 4.4K
CM Elite 361 Cabinet @ 2.4K
BenQ G2220HDL LED Display @ 7.6K
Gigabyte HD 7850 2GB GDDR5 OC @ 13.5K (Check Mdcomputers.in)

total: 51.6K.

this seems pretty good too me...
but if i exclude the gpu and add MSI 990FX-GD65 instead of ur suggested mobo..
and im getting cooler master 650 watt psu at the same price of seasonic..will it be better choice..??
i'll add gpu in january..
and does amd fx 8150 have integrated graphics like intel i5..so that i dont get any problem untill jan...??

OP
C

chetan m

Broken In

Intel Alternative

Intel Core i5 2500K - Rs 12350
Asrock Z77Extreme4 - Rs 9800
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LOW PROFILE 8GB DUAL CHANNEL DDR3 MEMORY KIT ( CML8GX3M2A1600C9) - Rs 2548
GPU - Gigabyte GTX 660 - Rs 14250
HDD - WD 1TB - Rs 4600
SMPS - CORSAIR SMPS-500GS - Rs 4000
Cabinet - NZXT Beta EVO - Rs 2600
Display DELL Full HD LED ST2220 L - Rs 8200

Total : Rs 58348.

thanks for replying..
i thought abt intel altrnative using i5 3570k with asus p8h77m mobo but it was going over the budget with gpu..
is amd fx 8150 is superior than i5 3570k..??
because im gettin confused with either to use amd or intel..
gpu is no problem for me..i will add it in jan. but other things should be futureproof atleast for next 1 yr.

Cilus

laborare est orare

Neither AMD FX processor, nor any of the 9XX series chipset based Motherboards (970, 990X and 990FX) have onboard Graphics. So if you are going with AMD FX + 9XX chipset then you need a discrete GPU.

Gaming performance wise, 3570K is ahead of FX 8150. But the thing is in full HD or 1920X1080 or 1920X1200 resolution, GPU matters more and performance difference among different processors are very negligible unless any of them are not capable enough to handle the GPU. So if you are buying a gaming PC in budget, 1st stress on the selection of a better Graphics card and then in choosing the CPU. i5 3570K is costlier and you need a good Z77 or Z68 chipset based motherboard to overclock it. P8H77 is based on H77 chipset and does not support overclocking. Now a decent Z77 board will cost you around 9K.

That is why I have suggested you a powerful GPU + a VFM and good CPU combination, not a great CPU + weak GPU combination.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

i5 3570K will cost in and around Rs 14000 and has heating issues hence you would have to invest in a better cooler than the 2500K which costs around Rs 12000 and heats up lesser in comparison to the i5 3570k and overclocks even better. See you have a budget hence the 2500K was suggested and it is a very very good processor. Google and you will know. If you cant stretch at all and that far you are just fine with the AMD rig too.

If you exclude the GPU even the intel rig is as pointless as the AMD rig since for gaming the onboard is pathetic for the intel. Then it is better to go for alesser but capable processor and get yourself a powerful GPU,since your primary usage would be gaming. If you can chuck the overclocking part get an i3 with a powerful GPU. Something like

i3 3220/5 - Rs 7000
Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H/Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H - Rs 6700 / 4300
Corsair Value Select 4 GB - Rs 1150
GPU - Sapphire HD 7870 Ghz edition - Rs 17680
HDD - WD 1TB - Rs 4600
SMPS - CORSAIR SMPS-500GS - Rs 4000
Cabinet - NZXT Beta EVO - Rs 2600
Display DELL Full HD LED ST2220 L - Rs 8200

Total Rs 51,930 (H77)/49,530(B75)

For gaming even at stock speeds will do way way better than both the PC config suggested above.It simply will blow them out of the serene blue waters!

Cilus

laborare est orare

Any pointer where I can find i3 3220 or i3 3225 at 7K?

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door

dual core with 7870:rolleyes:

over 7k in the usual places...
Buy Intel Core i3-3220 3.30 Ghz Processor in Mumbai India
Theitdepot - Intel Core I3-3220 3.30 GHz Processor - 3rd Generation
Intel Core i3 3220 Processor - 3.3GHz - www.deltapage.com

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

i3 3220:

Rs 6390 without Tax @ Cost To Cost

I actually Quoted it more at Rs 7000 since that is what it generally selling at the more known places, If he can source it from Delhi Nehru place great. Other places at Nehru Place is usually retailing them at Rs 6900.

Edit : I deserve a party from both of you , I got you the i3 for Rs 700 less than you wanted!!!:cool:

dual core with 7870:rolleyes:

A GPU is what helps you the most in games,not a CPU,though it is a important part since it should not bottle neck.So as long as you have a decent processor for a good GPU ,you are good. Now if you could explain why a dual core i3 aint good for a HD 7870 or you have some "elite" links to prove your irresponsible gestures I would be highly honored!

^^^the prices on Intel should come down seeing the overly aggressive pricing on FX 83XX series...
anyhoo..if you are going Intel way.. i would suggest stick with 2500K :p cause No games in the near future will use up more than 4 Cores..had it been the case...Intel would have been kicked in the nuts by now by AMD FX series....as for the GPU stick with AMD...they are releasing Drivers like nobodies business and performance enhancement are pretty good..
if i were you i would have gotten an FX+990 setup...and spend extra cash on big a$$ gpu...and save some :p

So an i3 3220 with two real core is good, "as no game will ever use more than four cores in the near FUTURE", Im repeating your line so at PRESENT we are good with 2 cores?. And have you checked i3s gaming potential? :-?

Last edited:

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door

so....since they do not use more than 4 cores..you assumed that a game will run flawlessly in a setup with an entry level dual core processor with a mid high end graphics card.You do realize that is kinda like putting a supercharger on a nano..dumb;pointless and stupid :).

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

:p
Sumonpathak, this time its you that he's targeting. Its amusing to see how people plan to get a place in a forum. :p
Deal with it.

ADM FX 8150 @ 11.4K
MSI 970A-GD46 @ 4.6K
G-skill RipjawX 1600 MHz DDR3 4GB X 2 @ 3K
WD Caviar Blue 1TB SATA III 6 Gbps 64 MB Cache @ 4.7K
Seasonic Eco 600 600W 85% PSU @ 4.4K
CM Elite 361 Cabinet @ 2.4K
BenQ G2220HDL LED Display @ 7.6K
Gigabyte HD 7850 2GB GDDR5 OC @ 13.5K (Check Mdcomputers.in)

total: 51.6K.

Good balanced suggestion.
My suggestion would be just to replace that suggested PSU with
Corsair GS600 @4.6K
And the current price of that RAM kit is: 2.8K
Another option for chassis is: NZXT Source 210 @2.5K

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

so....since they do not use more than 4 cores..you assumed that a game will run flawlessly in a setup with an entry level dual core processor with a mid high end graphics card.You do realize that is kinda like putting a supercharger on a nano..dumb;pointless and stupid :).

I just want to to know that why the entry level dual core wont handle the card. Im yet to come across anything that suggest that a i3 3220/5 will bottle neck a HD 7870.
And yes i3 3220 will run games flawlessly. Even i3 2120 with a mid-high end card will.Its a known fact.If you think Im wrong please correct me.
Please exchange facts and not degraded adjectives. Its a forum and a debate is healthy.Please maintain constraint and be in the specified limits.

:p
Sumonpathak, this time its you that he's targeting. Its amusing to see how people plan to get a place in a forum. :p
Deal with it.

Targeting?!!
Why are you fueling and Igniting something that aint gonna happen? Be a bit more responsible for what you say.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

^^ I'm only trying to say that you can't order anyone in the forum, you can request him to do one thing or another. (This is not the first time I'm posting this)
All your posts contain some phrase or sentence which seems to be an order or an angry post in our end. Although it is an online forum where meanings are aggravated sometimes, but when all of your conversation in the forum goes in the same way, then I think its time for you to think about your writing style and re-consider about changing it.

Last edited:

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door

last time i checked am still in constraint..its you who is kinda goin over the edge everytime
as for the bottleneck there are several threads found over the internet..google it...
this stuffs are so basic that i dont feel the need to keep them bookmarked.
The bottleneck will depend on the game used..and BF3 is one of the games that will bottleneck...i think you already know that:)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

For example check the older i3 2120 compared to a 2500K in gaming with a HD6970. I told you ...its good.The newer 3220 is even better check Toms.

Intel Core i3 2120 Review » Page 8 - Testing: Aliens vs. Predator - Overclockers Club

Best Gaming CPU: $100-$200 : Best Gaming CPUs For The Money: October 2012

I searched Hell and High Waters and Google just couldnt find a single thread mentioning that the i3 3220 will "bottleneck" a HD 7870!

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door

look closely...TH clearly stated the GPU got bottle necked by the processor..other sites didn't even bother running it coz its a fail combo...
one does not simple add a 19K GPU with a dual core...just try a simple test...run BF3 MP with your Dual core once and then with Quad core proccy :)
i say again (in case u missed)any game that uses CPU intensive gaming engine will lag on that setup(am not talking about COD series..they just have too much pre rendered texture)...the gpu will starve of resources because the cpu is weak...slap on an i5 there.....then you can say the combo will be fair..
i3 + 7870 is just a bad combo..dont just suggest for the sake of suggesting.
but since supporters would be supporters i dont think i will be able to convince you.
i would suggest OP to buy as you suggested...then give us a screenshot showing the usage of CPU and gpu in battlefield MP(thats a game most of the gamers play) or anything with havok engine..we will know;).

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/multi-core-cpu,2280-10.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom