Is this a deal or Ripoff?

tejjammy

Journeyman
Just came across this while browsing and was tempted to buy. But never bought earlier from this site. Is the price right? There are all positive reviews. Should I go for it?
Pack of 2 Sandisk Cruzer Blade 4 GB Pendrive with 5 Years Manufacturers Limited Warranty, Price, Features, Specifications, Reviews | Tradus

saswat23

Human Spambot
Actually one of my friends has this very model and speeds are horrible so, that might be the reason for its price.
Now a days 4GB Pendrives from Transcend and Kingstons are selling for as low as Rs.275, so no need of buying this very model.

OP
tejjammy

tejjammy

Journeyman
Now I'm really confused...
My main motive was to use them as liveUSB drives so that requires good read speed so I think I must research more before buying this :-D

saswat23

Human Spambot
Buying USB Pendrives now a days is not a good idea coz for the price a 64GB Pendrive you could get a 500GB ext. HDD. So, better save up a bit and go for a 160GB ext. USB HDD for 1.5k..

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Buy Sandisk Cruzer Blade USB 8GB Pen Drive at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

8GB version of this drive is available here for Rs 445

2x4GB for 250x2 = 500
Buy SanDisk 4 GB Blade Pen Drive at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
According to costtocost the price of one of these is 260. So its neither a ripoff nor a deal. Just fair price..almost
As for speed: I think mine is the same. So made a little speed report for you: UsbFlashSpeed.com: SanDisk Cruzer Blade speed test result.

OP
tejjammy

tejjammy

Journeyman
After reading all your comments and seeing the speed graphs i think i would save enough for a 64GB SSD drive ;-)

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
According to costtocost the price of one of these is 260. So its neither a ripoff nor a deal. Just fair price..almost
As for speed: I think mine is the same. So made a little speed report for you: UsbFlashSpeed.com: SanDisk Cruzer Blade speed test result.

whats on the x-axis??

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
AFAIK Flash doesn't support block size below 2K either. And who would want a 16MB block size. :?
Doesn't make sense.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
as i read on WIKI .. it says
the large block sizes used in flash memory erasing give it a significant speed advantage over old-style EEPROM when writing large amounts of data

and i also saw that Win 7 32 Bit OS.. uses block size of 512KB by default..

kool

Cyborg Agent
AFAIK Flash doesn't support block size below 2K either. And who would want a 16MB block size. :?
Doesn't make sense.

Ishu... Hows this deal? HP USB Flash Drive 8GB C335W @ Rs.350 (with discount coupon) I don't about HP pen drives. :(
HP USB Flash Drive 8GB C335W

*www.greendust.com/images/USB%20Flash%20Drive%20HP%208GB%20C335W_big.jpg

or suggest me any fastest 8GB pen drive.

Top Bottom