Is There Something Wrong in my PC

gameranand

Living to Play
Guys I found something weired lately in my PC. I used to play games at decent frame rates some weeks back and now they are giving frame drops and My PC is kind of slow.

Here are my PC Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2.00 GHz
Intel DG965RY Mobo
2GB DDR2 667MHZ RAM
320GB + 2TB HDD
Sapphire Radeon 5770

So I did some tests on my PC and found out that nothing is wrong but still I am getting a bad feeling that something is wrong.

Here are the things which I do at regular basis
Defragmenting HDDs (Heck it takes a hell lot of time)
Cleaning registry
Registry defragmentation
Disk cleaning
I have scanned the whole system for virus or spywares and found nothing. I even tried online scanners.

So you can say can I keep my PC pretty optimized. So I took a few screenshots to show it you guys. I took screenshot of my RAM and CPU usage with idle and with just a browser open and browsing net. I also took screenshots of the processes running in my PC at completely Idle state.
I wanna know that is there something wrong???? I am concerned about that RAM usage.
So here are the screenshots

Task Manager at Idle
*www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/41e44da168ec3f6212d359a42f549d3f4c71cfa499cd33a6c7105f7a1dd44d426g.jpg

Task Manager with Opera
*www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/73b7f7372d6c0cdc216aeceb77a24edf8bd7c5c0c96ac7ed52b8d6fa94f77e856g.jpg

Processes running at idle state Part 1
*www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1d1e0a5e61a57592044180c9b43b55a189bdc9453aa0953eeac79e39e99e5c076g.jpg

Processes running at idle state Part 2
*www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/fd000a77a07c7e1c661cc5f2ab60960d98f31d18bea124929e42e97875e433f86g.jpg

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
nims11 said:
you installed anyTHING new recently?
No not at all.. See the screenshot below you'll know
*www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/9f1d252ac572c9937b48e52ebfba65d7f1fbe5790cc88941e44ffaec5fd7aa766g.jpg

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Run Rivatuner and see how much your GPU/CPU is used while gaming. Also check temperatures of the CPU. It could be throttling.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
asingh said:
Run Rivatuner and see how much your GPU/CPU is used while gaming. Also check temperatures of the CPU. It could be throttling.
Ir usually goes to 70-80 ans sometimes even 100...CPU temp is usually about 70-75.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@gameranand: If your system's physical memory takes upto 48% :)shock:), when at IDLE, then I am guessing, your system ain't so "optimized" after all!
Try running the games, after boost mode of TuneUp Utilities, Advanced System Care, or simply GBoost. And see if that help gain frame rates.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
vineet369 said:
@gameranand: If your system's physical memory takes upto 48% (), when at IDLE, then I am guessing, your system ain't so "optimized" after all!
Try running the games, after boost mode of TuneUp Utilities, Advanced System Care, or simply GBoost. And see if that help gain frame rates.
Well I optimize to the best I could. Well I'll do all the optimization tonight and report back.

OK guys I did all the thigs again.
1. Registry Cleaning
2. Disk Defragmentation
3. Registry Defragmentation
4. Optimized my startup (Although only made only one change honestly).

Now voila the memory is at about 44% at idle state and about 48% with Opera and 1 or two more programs.

So Is that normal or do I need to do more??? If yes then What????

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
vineet369 said:
So did GBoost helped gaining frame rates?
Well actually I didn't used that at all because now PC is back to normal state. I mean 34 - 35% memory load at idle and about 40-42% with some applications. CPU usage back to about 0-5%. So its back to normal then I don't need anything else.

Thanks a lot guys for the response.
Problem is solved now. For the record here is what I did again
1. Defrag and optimized my HDD using Auslogics Disk Defrag.
2. Cleaned registry using Ccleaner and TuneUp 2011.
3. Defrag Registry using Glary Utilities and TuneUp 2011.
4. Optimized system startup and closed down some windows services which I don't need at all.
5. Checked HDD for errors.

Thanks a lot. :)
Mods can close this thread now. :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
A problem is never solved, unless and until you have specially solved it.
A problem which solves on its own, have a probability of 0.8 to crawl in again!

But, I think, the difference in memory load, is majorly due to those Windows Services you have stopped. You can try to post what services you had closed.

But congo, now that (or you think) your problem is solved! :))

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
vineet369 said:
A problem is never solved, unless and until you have specially solved it.
A problem which solves on its own, have a probability of 0.8 to crawl in again!
Well I spend my whole damn night to solve this. Also restarted my PC 3 times which is rarity to me.
And this problem crawls in each and every computer we know and we have to care care of it. And yes it does come back all the time but thats why we are there eh.
Well most services were like
AMD external Events utility (Manual)
Google Updater
Hamachi
EpocCam
Windows Defender
Windows Firewall

and some more can't remember them.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Nah man I don't think so. I scanned my system with both online and offline scanners like 2 times and nothing came up so I kinda sure that its not the case.

sygeek

Technomancer
Dude, see the amount of processes running in your computer at a moment. Remove the stupid processes from running at startup.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes, Anand, You're PC is not very optimised as you might think.

See mine, Google Chrome eats 300 mb RAM otherwise everything is OK

*i56.tinypic.com/28tgq4g.jpg

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@thetechfreak: I understand that anand's PC is not very optimized, but do you think, it's logical to compare, Win 7 with XP! :shock:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
vineet369 said:
@thetechfreak: I understand that anand's PC is not very optimized, but do you think, it's logical to compare, Win 7 with XP!
OK. I have Win 7 also installed. I use net from XP.

Gimme 15 minutes. will post my Win 7 Screenie of taskmanager.
Prepare to be shocked :)) :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok. Done. Prepared.
Meanwhile, I would too post the screeny from MY Win 7. Since I too use Net from XP! *same pinch* :))

Top Bottom