Is there any worth to National pride?

D

Deleted member 345628

I think the concept of Patriotism works only with respect to frame of reference . Its more of a psychological feeling than anything .If a giant monster was to invade in a forest , different types of tribes in the forest would unite and fight back the monster .On the other hand , If some stranger were to join a tribe community they would suspect danger in terms of survival instinct and wouldn't trust him/her .I don't find any patriotism in my University itself , there would be huge differences between south indians / north indians , Yet most of them claim they are patriots . You will hardly find both of the groups in a community . But if pakistani too were there , then Im sure the difference such as North/South Indian would fade away and become Pakistani / Indian .

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I think the concept of Patriotism works only with respect to frame of reference . Its more of a psychological feeling than anything .If a giant monster was to invade in a forest , different types of tribes in the forest would unite and fight back the monster .On the other hand , If some stranger were to join a tribe community they would suspect danger in terms of survival instinct and wouldn't trust him/her .I don't find any patriotism in my University itself , there would be huge differences between south indians / north indians , Yet most of them claim they are patriots . You will hardly find both of the groups in a community . But if pakistani too were there , then Im sure the difference such as North/South Indian would fade away and become Pakistani / Indian .

Exactly. To the point. Right now we are "Indian" and in future when national level problems will go like Pakistani and Chinese etc, then we would start dividing on the basis of language. Then you will see people calling themselves Tamil or Kannada or Punjabi or haryanvi. So people like splitting up.

Patriotism was created back in the day to get rid of Britishers. Now it may be used to split nations.

Edit:- perhaps it is used, but not in a heavy way, as right now bigger probs are there to face. Once they go, these will pop up

quicky008

Technomancer
Who wants to get the hell out of India but cannot either due to lack of funds and/or support from his family members?

Many of my friends(who have money) are happily settled abroad and are leading the good life(apparently that is),but i am stuck here in this miserable country,with a piss-poor job with no hopes or signs of improvement in the foreseeable future.

Sometimes this really causes a great deal of depression that lasts for days on end.Its like a dark storm-cloud that causes no end of misery for as long as it lasts.

I dont understand why some people including my friends and colleagues rejoice like there's no tomorrow when some cricket/football/hockey team wins some match for india-its not as though their winning/losing a match would make any difference to their lives anyway,they would still have to go about their lives in the same way as they always do and relive their frustrations,grief and tribulations day after day with practically no hopes for any improvement or progress at any point during their lifetimes-only the players/their sponsors etc involved with the game get richer and their bank accounts get more bloated
when they are able to score some victory(or lose,as they get paid anyway no matter what)-nothing changes as far the as lives of ordinary citizens is concerned irrespective of the outcome of any accursed cricket or football match!

Also no matter what these netas,celebs,players etc say,they DON'T give a damn about the misery of their fellow citizens and that's the bottomline! So much for their fake patriotism-i really wish these people would just keel over and die someday and rid the country of their noxious existence!!

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
This is a (hilarious) example of one such desh bhakth politician engaging in prurient behaviour online:

*www.opindia.com/2021/02/congress-leader-creepy-behaviour-twitter-ananda-cerny-playboy-onlyfans/

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
I can't get out *because* I have funds here :(
Good for you i guess! But if you really *want* to get out that shouldn't be a deterrent.You can simply transfer those "funds" to some secretive offshore bank account in the bahamas/swiss bank(like in the movies :p) and go on to live like a king on foreign shores! :smile:

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Good for you i guess! But if you really *want* to get out that shouldn't be a deterrent.You can simply transfer those "funds" to some secretive offshore bank account in the bahamas/swiss bank(like in the movies :p) and go on to live like a king on foreign shores! :smile:
That's not how it works. Even a guy as rich as Mukesh Ambani cannot go and live abroad and expect to be able to manage his businesses - which FYI are India-based - from an overseas residence.

This isn't about having enough money for FIRE and do whatever you want, but about being actively engaged in the occupation that gives you your daily bread and butter.

I will gladly take off those funds from your hands, to support a fellow forum member.
Sorry, too used to these small luxuries to be able to give it away.

quicky008

Technomancer
If you have everything you need right here, there's no reason for you to want to leave it in the first place.

Leaving the country in search of greener pastures overseas is sort of like a pipe dream for those downtrodden folks (like me) who are completely disillusioned by the anti-culturual, anti-civil and anti-humanistic, soul-destroying policies of the government, not to mention the rampant corruption and lawlessness that exists everywhere (coupled with the hatred, jealousy and malice of their fellow countrymen) which have turned their lives into a veritable nightmare, and from which they have no means of escape other than to leave the country altogether!

And they don't have the financial or political clout to buy their way out of such troubles either.They have been "marked" to spend their lives in abject misery from the moment they were born into this god-awful place.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
If you have everything you need right here, there's no reason for you to want to leave it in the first place.

Leaving the country in search of greener pastures overseas is sort of like a pipe dream for those downtrodden folks (like me) who are completely disillusioned by the anti-culturual, anti-civil and anti-humanistic, soul-destroying policies of the government, not to mention the rampant corruption and lawlessness that exists everywhere (coupled with the hatred, jealousy and malice of their fellow countrymen) which have turned their lives into a veritable nightmare, and from which they have no means of escape other than to leave the country altogether!

And they don't have the financial or political clout to buy their way out of such troubles either.They have been "marked" to spend their lives in abject misery from the moment they were born into this god-awful place.

I have every reason to want to leave. I know because I've already tasted that forbidden fruit.

Many of the reasons you list are equally valid for me and others like me. However our reasons are where we differ, obviously due to our substantially varied circumstances.

The best you really can do in this land of crabs and termites is to work on improving your own situation and showing empathy and compassion to those in situations even worse than yours.

The very fact that you can browse reddit and hold a conversation fluently in English shows that you are not nearly as downtrodden as the majority of people who are very poorly off.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

I have come to realise its not very difficult to get a job outside india. Try on linkedin

quicky008

Technomancer
My friends living abroad tell me its difficult, nigh impossible to get a respectable job in europe/usa etc unless you possess lots of experience in a field that's much in demand in their country, or have a degree from any university situated in that country itself(or any similar college /University from any other 1st world country).

From what i have seen from my personal experience, the only jobs that one might be able to get in such countries readily after moving there are those of the menial types eg cleaning, housekeeping, serving as waiters in hotels etc. But can an educated person sustain his livelihood respectably if he immigrates there and decides to join such a profession to earn a living?

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
My friends living abroad tell me its difficult, nigh impossible to get a respectable job in european unless you possess lots of experience in a field that's much in demand in their country, or have a degree from any university situated in that country itself(or any similar college /University from any other 1st world country).

From what i have seen from my personal experience, the only jobs that one might be able to get in such countries readily after moving there are those of the menial types eg cleaning, housekeeping, serving as waiters in hotels etc. But can an educated person sustain his livelihood respectably if he immigrates there and decides to join such a profession to earn a living?
You can apply to any job and get a work permit but in countries with a good work ethic, your merit is what nets you a job in the first place. You have to prove to any potential employer that they should jump through the hoops of hiring a foreign worker and that you will bring in the value that justifies it.

Your other option is to join a slave mill like Wipro and hope to get placed in their overseas offices.

Top Bottom