Is there any sub 10k mobile going to arrive to challenge lg o1?

Chetan1991

Youngling
I've been looking for an andro mob for some time and have decided upon lg o1. But i'll have to wait for 2 weeks to buy it.
Since o1's chipset MSM7227 is getting quite old, i was thinking if there's any upcoming phone in sub 10k bracket, which could challenge o1?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
There is nothing currently in sight that can challenge O1 in price-to-performance front. All samsung 10k phones flopped due to crappy screens.

I am buying my LG Optimus One today. I hope to get it around 5 pm today... I have waited too long... :)

Cheers!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I've been looking for an andro mob for some time and have decided upon lg o1. But i'll have to wait for 2 weeks to buy it.
Since o1's chipset MSM7227 is getting quite old, i was thinking if there's any upcoming phone in sub 10k bracket, which could challenge o1?

currently only Samsung have some meaningful android under 10k or @ 10k but with battery life that sucks. screen that sucks. design that sucks.

also who cares if the chipset is old or new. till it supports & doesn't eat battery life like Snapdragon chipsets, its a good one. also as Samsung launched 4 new budget Galaxy. so no more budget android from them for sometime. can expect a few from Motorola & maybe Sharp.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ yup :)
New chipsets from samsung, TI, Qualcomm and nVidea are bound to debute in high ends only, so waitng for new chipset may be tiring.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
LG might launch Optimus Me soon, but I doubt that it would have better specs than the O1.

its not a O1 replacement. it got 2.8'' screen. it should get priced at 7-7.5k or less. but LG yet to launch a 15k Android. maybe its coming next with another 10k android but neither of the 2 should replace O1.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ GSMArena shows that it has already been released in February. I didn't get any news of its release anywhere (not even in the US).

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
There is nothing currently in sight that can challenge O1 in price-to-performance front. All samsung 10k phones flopped due to crappy screens.

I am buying my LG Optimus One today. I hope to get it around 5 pm today... I have waited too long... :)

Cheers!

Finally... LG Optimus One is now in my hands... :)

I got it for exactly 10k from Technovision, Hyderabad. :D

Cheers!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ congo. nice price. hope you are not the last member of out O1 family. BTW what rom it shipped with? V10b or V10c.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^ congo. nice price. hope you are not the last member of out O1 family. BTW what rom it shipped with? V10b or V10c.

Android Version 2.2.1
Build Number FRG83
Software Version V10c-DEC-08-2010

I got no CD with the package. No free T-shirt. I am now trying to learn how to remove crapware apps preinstalled with the phone. Its fast... decent device... :)

Cheers!

Android Version 2.2.1
Build Number FRG83

I got no CD with the package. No free T-shirt. I am now trying to learn how to remove crapware apps preinstalled with the phone. Its fast... decent device... :)

Cheers!

This rooting stuff was tougher than I thought...

I found that you cannot root V10C. So, first, had to downgrade to V10B, which is very tough. Once that was done, z4root gave me root access and then Titanium backup free helped me get rid of all the crapware on the phone.

Its 4:15 am in the morning... I should sleep... :(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Android Version 2.2.1
Build Number FRG83

ditto.

i got a t-shirt but too big for me. & doesn't looks good. hate it.

for the first time faced that lag bug while replying to your earlier post (so did a spelling mistake).

Galaxy Gio?

*www.zappa.com/stufftoget/images/comingsoon.png

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@Sam,

I have done it... Finally installed Void Echo mod... :)

(It has Mik's kernel based on Drellisdee's with touchscreen cpu load bug fix)

Cheers!

Last edited:
OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
ditto.

i got a t-shirt but too big for me. & doesn't looks good. hate it.

for the first time faced that lag bug while replying to your earlier post (so did a spelling mistake).

*www.zappa.com/stufftoget/images/comingsoon.png

when?

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
I dont think it'll cost 10k or so. What say you?

NO! DONT BUY GIO!!
I was reading about and found that it has the same chipset and cpu as o1. The only advantage is wifi n and 16m color screen. Waste of time and money!
Samsung's kinda cheating ppl by not mentioning that the 800 mhz cpu is an oc'd 600 mhz one.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@androidfan, you moving way too fast buddy. did you plan al these even before getting o1?

@chetan, no. Its not cheating. The speed matters. Why would anyone tell how they achieved that speed.

Top Bottom