Is there any software same like Microsoft Outlook ...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr@k@sh

Journeyman
My dear friends

I have 6 pop3 email account of my company.

i use 3 email for Microsoft outlook and 3 email for outlook express.

i want saperate pst fiels or dbx file for each 3 meance

i want seperate software folder for each 3..!!

but in outlook express i can not get remindar or notes or appotment thing like os

can we play 2 outlook instance or any other software like outlook express in which all the thing r there like appotment contects,email,remidars,notes like all things...!!???

Thanks..!!

Tech&ME

Banned
First create separate identities for each POP3 mail account in outlook express. This will enable you to get separate folders for your mails.

To create new identities in OE, click on File -->Identies --> New Identities.

Configure your POP3 e-mail here.

Now access the POP3 accounts just by switching between the identitites you have created to download mails from the respective servers. (u do not require to disconnect from the internet while switching identities.)

Once u have downloaded the mails, use auto-archive to archive the mails in separete folders. (u must configure OE to archive mails in the folder of your choice ).

Hope this will help, see if others have more better answer for your problem.

OP
P

pr@k@sh

Journeyman
my dear u r right but i can not get appotment remember,note,calender,task i want all tings thats y i ask dear

this thing r not there in outlook express even i use incrideemail also but i want all thing .!!

but thanks ..!!

any other software ??

tuxfan

Technomancer
Under GNU/Linux, Ximian Evolution is available. It is an outlook clone. I doubt if its available for Windows. Check out the novell website *www.novell.com

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
tuxfan's right. The only thing that comes close enough to what Microsoft Outlook can provide is Evolution. But the Evolution port for Windows is just beginning and while its definitely coming, its still not available for download yet.
Once done, Evolution will also seamless work with GroupWise to provide central access and try to wean people away from Microsoft Outlook/Exchange.
So, right now, you're just stuck with Microsoft Outlook, or if you want to spend some hefty money, you can look at Lotus Domino/Notes.

If, however, all you want is separate folders for each of the people who use Microsoft Outlook, just follow the steps below.
1. Note down all your user's account settings and export all user data.
2. Open Microsoft Outlook and click File>New>Outlook Data File
3. Save the folder with the user's name somewhere on the hard disk. This folder will contain all of the user's data, from emails, to calendars, notes, tasks, appointments, and what not.
4. Repeat the steps for all users.
5. Add each user's email account in Tools>Email options. Once you're done, select the email for each user, say a@company.com, and on the page you will find a "Deliver new mail to the following location" with a list of all user folders. Select the folder you created for user A and then proceed to do the same with the other users' data.
6. The next step is to make sure each user cannot see the others data. Open File>Data File Management or just right click the folder name in the folder list to the left and select Properties>Advanced and say "Change Password"
7. Assign a password for each user's folder.

This way, all users can share a single Microsoft Outlook installation without the need for centralized control and configuration via Microsoft Exchange Server.

If you are facing any trouble with this, post back and we'll try to help you out.

ujjwal

Padawan
Some excelent email clients for windows are

Sylpheed-claws (I use the normal sylpheed for linux, the best client I have seen)
Mozilla Thunderbird
The Bat!

There are others too ... Eudora etc for windows, evolution for linux.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
With 1GB of mail space on Gmail, 1 GB on Spymac and 2 GB on Rediffmail Plus, I dont bother with email clients anymore, but prefer to leave everything online. At least this way, I dont have to be bothered with backups and not being able to access an important mail from outside my home. :D

But as for the email clients that you put up, the only thing that provides Outlook-like functionality isn't available for Windows. :D

OP
P

pr@k@sh

Journeyman
enoonmai said:
tuxfan's right. The only thing that comes close enough to what Microsoft Outlook can provide is Evolution. But the Evolution port for Windows is just beginning and while its definitely coming, its still not available for download yet.
Once done, Evolution will also seamless work with GroupWise to provide central access and try to wean people away from Microsoft Outlook/Exchange.
So, right now, you're just stuck with Microsoft Outlook, or if you want to spend some hefty money, you can look at Lotus Domino/Notes.

If, however, all you want is separate folders for each of the people who use Microsoft Outlook, just follow the steps below.
1. Note down all your user's account settings and export all user data.
2. Open Microsoft Outlook and click File>New>Outlook Data File
3. Save the folder with the user's name somewhere on the hard disk. This folder will contain all of the user's data, from emails, to calendars, notes, tasks, appointments, and what not.
4. Repeat the steps for all users.
5. Add each user's email account in Tools>Email options. Once you're done, select the email for each user, say a@company.com, and on the page you will find a "Deliver new mail to the following location" with a list of all user folders. Select the folder you created for user A and then proceed to do the same with the other users' data.
6. The next step is to make sure each user cannot see the others data. Open File>Data File Management or just right click the folder name in the folder list to the left and select Properties>Advanced and say "Change Password"
7. Assign a password for each user's folder.

This way, all users can share a single Microsoft Outlook installation without the need for centralized control and configuration via Microsoft Exchange Server.

If you are facing any trouble with this, post back and we'll try to help you out.

Thanks Dear this is great information for me ..!!

I use this till i can not find any saperate software..!!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom