IS the upgrade advantageous

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Never think u can get it even at closer price if u have seen some US price. For eg u can see even 7800GTX for as less as 300$ which is roughly 13500/-. But u can even think of it below 30000/- in India!!!!!
If u want SLI mobo go for ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe for around 8k. Its hell of the best mobo for dat price!!!It has better ocing than A8N-E i think. But I suggest not to spend xtra 2.5 k for mobo but instead invest dat xtra amount for the G card. Go for a 6800GS(~13k) or 7600GT(~11k-13k) or higher. Or atleast go for a 7600GS for around 8k or less.(brands like Forsa)

janitha

Wise Old Owl
MSI boards are also very good but generally cost more for a more or less equal one. But generally people prefer Asus. Earlier A8N-E boards had probem with the chipset fan. But even the one which I bought 6 months back is the revised Version.2 which has no problem other than slight noise. And even at that time it cost me only Rs.6000/-. (in Kerala) It should be only around 5000 now.
Anyway go for NVidia chipset boards only.

OP
thetopcyborg

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
thnx fer the chipset....

k ill try to get an ASUS board......but still i think ill be able to lay my hands on a MSI board...ill just phone my vendor and ask for a good ASUS SLI board

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Hey man ASUS lowest SLI board is A8N SLI DELUXE and it costs 7.8k(no chance of getting it at lower price). But if u can get the MSI SLI for as lower as 6xxx then go for it as its sound is incredible(The same chip on a Creative sound blaster 24bit 7.1 card is sitting on the mobo) and there would be not much perfomance diff with a board. Invest that xtra amount on the proc or GPU. Make it a 3200+ and see the diff. As about ocing u can always use utilities like ntweak for ocing as they work on all nforce boards.

OP
thetopcyborg

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
thnx for encouraging me to buy MSI....ya! im talking to my vendor for a 3200+ and then ill overclock it as i think overclocking won't be much of a problem with many experts sitting on this forum :D

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
thetopcyborg said:
thnx for encouraging me to buy MSI....ya! im talking to my vendor for a 3200+ and then ill overclock it as i think overclocking won't be much of a problem with many experts sitting on this forum :D

Overclocking a 3200+ is piece of cake!!!!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
thetopcyborg said:
can u teach me ONCE I, hopefully, get that?

MSI boards with NVidia chipsets will cost more than similar Asus boards.

But MSI boards with ATI chipsets will be much cheaper. (Asus boards do not have ATI chipsets AFAIK)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ Janitha...
ASUS has started production of ATI chipset mobo, the crossfore ones!!!! There is nothing impossible with ASUS(and may be MSI also).

Oh yes MSI RS482 M2 IL is much cheaper around 4k nd good perfomer also as they has a total of 20 PCI express lanes compared to 16 in Norman nf4 SLI nd ultra, it lacks tweakability and the board is miro atx form factor, so miss out several features. Read the mobo shootout in this month's C**P mag...really cool.
U can also opt for DFI SLI Xfinity mobo which is priced around 7k but getting it will be real problem nd has only 2 yr warranty...But good perfomer and good value for money and has the worst audio(Realtec ALC 655 5.1 and lacks HD). Even MSI RS482 has HD support.

OP
thetopcyborg

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
@aravind, its ok, u can say the name of Chip mag. easily....

i actually was hoping for a SLI board keeping upgradibility in mind and RS482-IL has just one PCI-ex16 slot :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom