Is The problem due to PSU???

Rahul Kavlekar

Broken In
I purchased MSI n9600gt 512 graphics card 3 years ago..That time it didnt work.I had it tested in gamers then.They told me that its defective .I could not return it as it was gifted to me by my cousin living in Kuwait...But when I connected it now to my cyberage PC it got detected for the first time but the screen gets distorted and blurry...My PC satisfied all the system requirements for the graphics card except for PSU..My PSU claims to be 400 watts but is of local company...Is the screen problem due to PSU ??? Will my card work fine if I use PSU from Cooler Master or Corsair??

CPU:-AMD Athlon x2 4450e
Ram:- 2 gb ddr3

sukesh1090

Adam young
try the graphics card in some other system.it may be graphics card or may be PSU,you will come to know only by trial and error method so check it in different comp if it works then its psu if it doesn't then no doubt its gfx card.but if you want you can change the psu.its always good to have a good branded reliable psu.if possible post the image of the monitor with that problem(distortion and blurry).

OP
Rahul Kavlekar

Rahul Kavlekar

Broken In
i 've attached the images of how the original wallpaper looks like and how it appears on my screen.. distorted screen.JPGoriginal wallpaper.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - most probably the memory chips of the GPU is bad - so you can't do much about this but you can try by changing the PSu though.

guru_urug

iGoogle
As far as I can tell, I used to get similar results in win 98 when i would change the colors to 16 colours in the display properties window. Could be a windows palette setting or a driver setting. Memory corruption would also distort the screen..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I faced similar issue because of a faulty ram module - so whenever intel gfx driver file ( ialmnt5.dll ) stopped working the screen would look like the pic Op has posted ... but the issue OP is facing must be related with the gfx card/PSU/Ram and gfx driver - also Op can try a fesjh windows installation and only after that install new driver to be free from any kind of driver related issue.

Top Bottom