Is the Firefox honeymoon over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
QMs above link is interesting. :idea:
BOTTOMLINE : it took competition to make microsoft pull up its socks. and the main benefiters ? we the consumer !

srijit

Broken In
michael_t said:
FF is not perfect and has its share of defects. The question is HOW come IE is SO MUCH WORSE, even though it has been around and WORKED ON for much longer time and by a the most resource rich organizztion.

If FF can do very decently with the MILD number of defects and the PROMPTNESS at which they address the issues, HOW COME MS CANNOT DO BETTER than Mozilla.

They are (supposedly) professional programmers charging GOOD amounts of money for their work (part of their os). Are they that incompetent, or that unwilling to do a relatively decent job?

If Ou was objective he would NOT SIDESTEP the simple issue that IE has ALREADY been worked on for much longer time than FF. It is very strange that inspite of the tons of patches on IE and ms windows, this piece of s/w has been generating severe vulnerabilities constantly with the exception of the recent respite.
Comment on the ZDnet blog ^^^
Clicky

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
i dont care of what security vulnerabilties or whatever it is..FX rules..it is a lot faster than IE and very cool to use..now i have so used to it that i forgot IE totally..but only at times..my side scroll bar vanishes and the tabs close(x) vanishes..but for these bugs...FX is the king of castle

raj14

In Deniel
Whatever happens, i'd put my bucks on Firefox, people predicted wether Firefox will Go on or Loose like Netscape, it looks middle in the road for now, but still, the amount of fuctionality Firefox offers is mind bloogling, not to mention excellent caching (Alltho, IE 6 already has Nglay Delay Tweak) and god forbid if any thing happens, i am of to Opera :D Yeah, No IE for me :)

there may be bugs. but the bugs in FF are fixed more rapidly that in IE. For IE we had to wait months, but for FF i takes less time, and due to the support of open source it will fix soon.

kato

Karthiksn
if u rsaying that the popular browsers get attacked by more and more attackers then u r right and this is also right that after making opera free they have also invited a nice bunch of attackers. This shows that the firefox honeymoon is not over yet.

goobimama

 Macboy
I haven't formatted my PC since last year after I started using the 0.8 version of Firefox...don't want to move to anything else as this is perfect for me. I don't know of any security issues.

ankushkool

Youngling
but fire fox provides much moer extentions n plugins than IE, which makes it very useful.... firefox will always live on n compete with others. Its opera vs firefox

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I agree with Dr.Grudge.. being a loonnng time user of the browser.. way back when it was an unknown by the name phoenix... I'm very much happy with it.. whatever the vulnerabilities...

After using FF... since the beginning... I never used IE, except for some particular sites, esp xam forms sorta.
Not even the fastest browser in the world could draw me away from the FireBird :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom