Is the Firefox honeymoon over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Is the Firefox honeymoon over?
:(
IE being more commonly used, is hammered at more, by the hackers, thus leading to the perception, that it has sercurity issues., where the
fact may be quite different...

"...Firefox not only has more vulnerabilities per month than
Internet Explorer, but it is now surpassing Internet Explorer for
the number of exploits available for public download in recent
months..."
click *blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/index.php?p=103&tag=nl.e589

"Mozilla Web browsers are potentially more vulnerable to attack than
Microsoft's Internet Explorer, according to a Symantec report".
click *news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5873273.html?tag=nl.e589

srijit

Broken In
yeah the honeymoon is over. now it's the "happily ever after" part for me :p

Draw ur own damn conclusions

Here's IE

*secunia.com/graph/?type=sol&period=all&prod=11
*secunia.com/graph/?type=cri&period=all&prod=11
*secunia.com/graph/?type=imp&period=all&prod=11

OK now for Firefox

*secunia.com/graph/?type=sol&period=all&prod=4227
*secunia.com/graph/?type=cri&period=all&prod=4227
*secunia.com/graph/?type=imp&period=all&prod=4227

Now for Opera

*secunia.com/graph/?type=sol&period=all&prod=4932
*secunia.com/graph/?type=cri&period=all&prod=4932
*secunia.com/graph/?type=imp&period=all&prod=4932

tuXian

In the zone
looks all browsers have some kinda vulnerabilities and exploits..... the more the famous a browser........... the more vul and expolits are found.

Better browse the www through the ol textual browser of Linux.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
srijit said:

dont take it personally, chappy; cool down, and do refrain from profainities.

i really had no idea u were so "emotionally :oops: involved" with firefox !

as tuxian has said, all software have vulnerabilities; we are only discussing
them here, this being a tech forum ! what i have posted, r the links to very recent zdnet blogs :)

ps : by the way, the correct usage would be not 'damn'; but 'damned' ! :wink:

rajas

In the zone
See the Vulnerabilities, and the fixes...facts and figures,
This is complete brk down. shud be buried deep under.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
why shd anybody be emo'ly involved with firefox.I use it coz its very good nd fast.But its for sure that if I get a better one I will certainly switch to that

srijit

Broken In
anandk said:
srijit said:

dont take it personally, chappy; cool down, and do refrain from profainities.
u call that a profanity? :p

anandk said:
i really had no idea u were so "emotionally :oops: involved" with firefox !
yup i am. u know why? coz it works for me. also didnt u see me saying that my honeymoon with Firefox is over? i've settled down :p

anandk said:
as tuxian has said, all software have vulnerabilities; we are only discussing
them here, this being a tech forum ! what i have posted, r the links to very recent zdnet blogs :)
when has recent <insert name here> blogs become a replacement for common sense? if thats the case i can just as easily provide an article ( or better yet, write my own ) and say that xxx browser sucks at yyy and so on. i use what i feel is best for me. i use both firefox and opera, but i prefer FF coz i can customise it more.

anandk said:
ps : by the way, the correct usage would be not 'damn'; but 'damned' ! :wink:
*dictionary.reference.com/search?q=damn
oh, btw i can use it however i please :p or are u gonna go around now correcting others in how to speak in thinkdigit forums? :p

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
After all I dont even care abt AV's, anti spywares, firewalls, anti spam, and all the anti things. I dont care abt security thing in FX.

For me FX rules. I have been using it since FX 1.0 preview and never used other browsers extensively (but for Maxthon).

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
i abolutely agree with drgrudge, infact i just switched from IE coz it was slow and even the bugs in IE never caused any prob for me. i never suffered due to any bug in ff, i m very comfortable with ff and maxthon

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
drgrudge said:
After all I dont even care abt AV's, anti spywares, firewalls, anti spam, and all the anti things. I dont care abt security thing in FX.

For me FX rules. I have been using it since FX 1.0 preview and never used other browsers extensively (but for Maxthon).

i agree. this, and tabbed browsing, was what had led me to try out firefox. but then i tried maxthon, and i liked it so much, that i preferred to stick to it. :)

moreover my firefox used to 'flicker' too ! see this thread
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28159&highlight=firefox+shiver+vibrate

the thread 'firefox loses stride' may also interest those who have missed it. click *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26897&highlight=firefox+shiver+vibrate

but no doubt, this cud be a temporary setback, which will only make firefox bounce back stronger !

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I never had a bug in ff.But I have been affected in IE.I like FF for the fact that you can bend it to suit your needs.

srijit

Broken In
most probably the reason for firefox loosing ground was ppl getting comfortable with say ver 1.0.5 and not downloading ver 1.0.6 :p

planetcall

Indian by heart
I still like firefox. Why? Simply because any bug in FF will not be having any direct effect on your system in totality. If you dont like you may even switch to any other browser of your choice. But with IE....it is so tightly integrated in the OS that even a single flaw could prove detrimental for the entire system. Also you dont have any other alternative if you are a die hard MS victim. U Simply cant uninstall IE because MS doesnt believe in freedom. Hence, I Support FF

*www.slo-comp.net/upload/JLP/news/pics/FirefoxS.png

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Well, even if its total era is over, it will continue to haunt IE for ever, Then soon a Legend Reborn

And for its end, plz do rember that it isnt in the war from long times back, It has just reached 1.5 now and u guys are tellin its not gonna win ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom