is some one using my ip??

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbies

Broken In
can some one help wit it.......i went to megaupload to download file.....after tat i cant download the files..they shows my ip is downloading another files...any idea how to get ride off this??

harshdeep

Right off the assembly line
i think u have already downloaded something from the megaupload or u have click to download it that's why. Try again after 24 hrs it will start working

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Which internet connection are you using ?
Many service providers have non-transparent servers .. so that websites cannot directly view your IP

Hence what happens is that .. if some other guy using same service provider is downloading from megaupload .. then you get such 'ip already downloading' warning !
Cant help it !!

There are work-arounds .. but they're considered illegal ..
so I wont write about them .. but you can always search :)

-----
alibi

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
As alibi pointed out, it is the way. Simple term, if you access your net thru LAN and someone on your LAN is downloading somethn then it is whole LAN rather than only him.

theraven

Technomancer
ha ha ha ha
ur a moron u know that ?
stop posting cr@p or im gonna have to put u on warning chwamiki

if thats whats happening .. then the point is NAT
network address translation
basically u are sharing an ip address with other ppl using ur isp

u use an ip of 10.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x
now this is the ip for LANs ( its called public ip )
this is what the isp gives u
but to be on the net u need what is called as a private ip
which is in the range excludin the above i mentioned

so say 10 of u using PUBLIC IP's are hidden behind ONE private ip

so when either of u are on the net .. whoever accesses whichever data. . on the net the ip logged is that one single ip ur behind

since sites like rapidshare and megaupload have ip logging ... they already have that ip downloading a file in their logs
hence u are unable to do so

rajas700

Youngling
Megaupload.com it won't show ip is downloading another files so wait until.It was shown by rapidshare.de.But these was also done by megaupload.com silently IN SOME TIME'S.Ok dont care about it just
use proxy server to download file or use leacher to download it.

geekysage

Journeyman
theraven said:
u use an ip of 10.x.x.x or 192.x.x.x
now this is the ip for LANs ( its called public ip )
this is what the isp gives u
but to be on the net u need what is called as a private ip
which is in the range excludin the above i mentioned

so say 10 of u using PUBLIC IP's are hidden behind ONE private ip
I just noticed this and wanna point out that you have mistakenly mixed up the definitions of private and public IP addresses. Actually, it's just the opposite - private IP addresses are used in private TCP/IP LANs while public IP addresses are the ones used over the internet. Private IP addresses are found in the following range:
Code:
From 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
From 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
From 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255
The rest constitutes the public IP address space.

Peace.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
^Yea, he's got the names mized up. Otherwise he is correct. Using a proxy server might work, but I am not sure about the site's policy w.r.t proxies.

KoRn

In the zone
the raven: i was jus joking wow wats wrong????
if its wrong 2 joke den fine ill keep shut dats all u had to say.sorry i guess.

theraven

Technomancer
my bad .. i have trouble remembering the definitions
i knew id screw up some day .. lol !

@chwamiki
what ur doign is not joking .. its referred to as "spamming"

KoRn

In the zone
ohhhh ok guru i understand that inspired my life!!!!:) dis is the last spam then ok....... sorry

mediator

Technomancer
newbies said:
can some one help wit it.......i went to megaupload to download file.....after tat i cant download the files..they shows my ip is downloading another files...any idea how to get ride off this??

This happens when u r using browser like firefox and some download has got stuck..happened with me a lot of times...Just see ur download area for activity!
You just have to cancel it to start the next download from rapidshare or megaupload etc.
Alternatively there is a work around for this ......If u wanna download greater than their limit!
1) They use cookies for particular IP to track how much stuff u have downloaded. So if u get error like download limit...Then the simplest way is to clean ur browsers cache,cookies and history etc....Use steganos internet trace destructer to to that in one go!

2) U can use proxies....But generally u'll get around 7-8 KB/s doenload speed.

Ok if u feel paranoid u can combine both the above options and then try!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom