Is some one trying to hack into my computer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyj123

Broken In
i have a cable net connection...24*7....winxp....
i recently installed zone alarm firewall... since then i have been receiving a message that "Zone Alarm has blocked access to your comouter(netbios) from some ip address...
i wanted to know if some 1 is tryin to hack into my comp or theres a trojan already in my comp..
thnx..

digen

Youngling
This is quite normal.Script kiddies trying for open holes on a set of IP adresses.Zone alarm does a pretty good job.
No need to worry but these messages sometimes become quite annoying.You can change it to dont notify me if traffic is blocked or something like that.

wORm

Journeyman
Nothing to worry about, checkout my stats on ZoneAlarm:
*img51.exs.cx/img51/7339/zonealarm6xz.gif
These stats go back about 8-12 weeks when I did a fresh install of zonealarm. Any comp connected to the net 24x7 will get such intrusion alerts, you don't need to be alarmed, ZoneAlarm is probably protecting you efficiently.

H

h4ck3r

Na ..nana ..nana ..na..nana..nana....
Well zone alarm sux !! i can repeat it any no of timez u want me to :lol:
It is prone to some vulnerabilities which have been discussed by me in this forum and i recommend you to serch for the post on "friewalls" if iam not wrong ...

digen

Youngling
Well zone alarm sux !! i can repeat it any no of timez u want me to Laughing
eh? it does? you keep posting the same stuff without any solid evidence.
Dude post some info about what you are saying.Baseless arguments such as these take you nowhere.
You will now say its too dangerous or elite as you always do.But I guess ethical information is valid in the forums.

And about the link you posted as far as I could see it you were getting battered by someone there.

Oh btw which firewall do you have? :roll:

Vyasram

The pWnster
Naa na na na
Well zone alarm rocks when it comes to protecting .I am a zone alarm user for 3 years ,since then my pc has never got affected with anything from the internet. The net connection might slow down but it is far less worse than getting infected. Then I disabled the messages and then everything is going just fine.

VD17

Journeyman
well, critics have their job to do you know...
ZA has been hailed since long as the best firewall. I can't think of anyother that comes close. Stuff about which i read that were supposed to be good didnt impress me as much as ZA. I have tried BlackICE and Norton Internet Security... they all are a shade inferior than ZA...
Worst Fire wall ever, though: INTERNET CONNECTION FIREWALL [WIN XP]... lol i think thats something most of u will agree with me.. ;)

Vyasram

The pWnster
Yeah, Its he best firewall out there ,most of all its available for free. I am also a shifter ffrom from winxp firewall to zonealarm

Vyasram said:
Well zone alarm rocks when it comes to protecting .I am a zone alarm user for 3 years ,since then my pc has never got affected with anything from the internet. The net connection might slow down but it is far less worse than getting infected. Then I disabled the messages and then everything is going just fine.

HUH?!?!?!?!?!?! :shock: :shock:
Zone alarm is NO WHERE in front of the BAAP OF BAAPS, our very own Norton Anit-Virus 2005 or Norton Internet Security 2005!!!
Iv jus upgraded to them from 2004 to 2005. Well, but these r helpful ONLY if these latest programs r ORIGINAL!!! :) :wink:

Vyasram

The pWnster
Well you have to pay for Norton Internet Security :( ,While you get Zonealarm for free 8) 8) . Moreover zonealarm is far better than Norton Personal Firewall which is bundled along with Norton Internet Security :D .
There is no denying that Norton Antivirus is the best antivirus tool ,but zonealarm is the best firewall around. :!:

theraven

Technomancer
HUH?!?!?!?!?!?!
Zone alarm is NO WHERE in front of the BAAP OF BAAPS, our very own Norton Anit-Virus 2005 or Norton Internet Security 2005!!!
Iv jus upgraded to them from 2004 to 2005. Well, but these r helpful ONLY if these latest programs r ORIGINAL!!!

check where ur norton stands
*www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.htm

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
futuristically_ancient said:
Did you forget Netfilter Iptables ?

I couldn't get an online comparison list of firewalls. All the websites review windows based firewalls only.

allindrome

Journeyman
If it is only a stand alone firewall, then Zone Alarm is the best.However since I am using NIS 2005 , I find it really convenient for complete internet security.

theraven

Technomancer
like i pointed out before
just cuz its integrated doesnt mean its good
ppl i cannot stress enuff the need for good security
under any other circumstances i wouldve left the topic at my first post
NIS IS NOT COMPLETE INTERNET SECURITY !
plz stop living in a myth
PLZ PLZ read reviews .. they are there for a reason !
dont put ur money into something that is not worth it
instead of paying for a whole suite ud be better off with the AV and puttin the other money in a stand alone firewall ... like ZA or even lock n stop ( or whatever that was )
( ok im assumin u arent using warez .. besides if u ARE ... it shouldnt really shouldnt be a pain to get a better one would it ?)
i am not advertising ZA but i am definitely warning u against the norton myth
i will not comment abt the new AV cuz its still under speculation

Shikhar

Journeyman
I use ZoneAlarm system suite. My experience with this software has been quite good. ZoneAlarm system suite not only has a firewall with it but also boasts of an antivirus , ID lock , IM security and Web filtering. It has protected my PC from 7359 access attempts of which 1590 have been high rated. rockyj123 don't worry!!!! i started 2 topics regarding Firewall. Have a look at it by clicking on these links *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11067&highlight=
The second one 's lost. What???

H

h4ck3r

digen verma said:
Well zone alarm sux !! i can repeat it any no of timez u want me to Laughing
eh? it does? you keep posting the same stuff without any solid evidence.
Dude post some info about what you are saying.Baseless arguments such as these take you nowhere.
You will now say its too dangerous or elite as you always do.But I guess ethical information is valid in the forums.

And about the link you posted as far as I could see it you were getting battered by someone there.

Oh btw which firewall do you have? :roll:

YOU ARE TOO LAZY..MR DIGEN.
YOU BETTER HAVE YOUR SPECS TIGHT AND SERCH FOR THE TOPIC AS SUGGESTTED IN THE QUOTE..DONT MESSS UP WIMME.THE TOPIC HAS BEEN DISCUSSED EARLIER..IAM NOT A SPAMMER REMEMBER THT .

digen

Youngling
Firstly follow forum rules stop yelling by using upper case.

YOU ARE TOO LAZY..MR DIGEN.
Oh yes that I am. :oops:

YOU BETTER HAVE YOUR SPECS TIGHT AND SERCH FOR THE TOPIC AS SUGGESTTED IN THE QUOTE.

lol.I have not provided any information in this thread that needs backing by providing a source or more information about it.

TOPIC HAS BEEN DISCUSSED EARLIER.
Yeah but there too you've refrained from backing whatever you said.
Should we again go through this & this

IAM NOT A SPAMMER REMEMBER THT

Did I say anything? :roll:

theraven

Technomancer
h4ck3r flamin of any forum member without reason will not be tolerated by anyone
digens pointed out a few
and since u quote this
IAM NOT A SPAMMER REMEMBER THT
here are a few examples of SPAM
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12471&highlight=
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12473&highlight=
when u have nuthing to post .. dont post at all
if u have something to say abt zonealarm say it
dont go on singing a bad tune abt it
no matter how many times u say it no one will listen to u unless u provide some proof
so either shut up with it ... or get some proof

wORm

Journeyman
Don't bother guys, from h4ck3r's posts it seems that he is either 12 years old or has the mental capacity of equivalent of one :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom