Is Optimus 4X HD worth buying now ???

rider

as Kratos
24k is truly great for this phone but in the end an ICS phone with no fixed date of JB update.

tkin

Back to school!!
Originally 20k, but now that dad isn't letting me buy the best phone at that price, I'l convince him for higher budget or the 4X ;)

That problem is due to the music app, it works well if you install some other app for playing music.
Optimus 4x is an amazing phone under 25k, companion core keeps power consumption down, and quad cores allow you to play almost all games, now you might have some lag on a few(a very few) hd games due to gpu unoptimization, but most games will run fine, plus the battery is huge.

Another option is Sony Xperia SL, while not as powerful or large as Optimus 4x sony has a better cam and would be more compatible across all games.

24k is truly great for this phone but in the end an ICS phone with no fixed date of JB update.
Yeah, but: *forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1653

Cyanogen is out with a bunch of fixes and another few roms are out as well. Optimus 4XHD has a blooming development, unlike L9 which has none yet.

rider

as Kratos
Yeah, but: Optimus 4X HD Android Development - xda-developers

Cyanogen is out with a bunch of fixes and another few roms are out as well. Optimus 4XHD has a blooming development, unlike L9 which has none yet.

Xperia SL stands nothing in comparison to Optimus 4X HD performance. Cyanogen mod is good but the warranty will blow away. Also mods keep some glitches and battery issues.

tkin

Back to school!!
Xperia SL stands nothing in comparison to Optimus 4X HD performance. Cyanogen mod is good but the warranty will blow away. Also mods keep some glitches and battery issues.
Yeah, in terms of performance Optimus 4x should be right up there with One X and the only chipset that can beat the Tegra 3 is dual or quad core kraits.

tkin

Back to school!!
I would still say to buyer to wait for couple of months and get Nexus 4 16GB for 25k.
Yes and zero warranty, would you risk 25k on no warranty? I wouldn't, for me 10k is the limit, I can buy a Pantech Burst, if it fails, ok, 8k out, if a nexus fails, that's 25k down the drain and also there aren't many shops(if at all) that can repair a complex device like Nexus 4.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Yup. I wouldn't spend more than 10k on no-warranty product. Still 4x is my preferred choice in that price. Reason being is, no good alternative and SL is dual core, so performance of 4x is good(*www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Sony-Xperia-SL,LG-Optimus-4X-HD/phones/7426,6848) and to me, it appeals as best VFM phone.

Some interesting comparison : *versusio.com/en/lg-optimus-4x-hd-vs-sony-xperia-sl

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Yup. I wouldn't spend more than 10k on no-warranty product. Still 4x is my preferred choice in that price. Reason being is, no good alternative and SL is dual core, so performance of 4x is good(Sony Xperia SL vs LG Optimus 4X HD - Phone specs comparison) and to me, it appeals as best VFM phone.

Some interesting comparison : Comparing LG Optimus 4X HD vs. Sony Xperia SL - 16 Reasons for the LG Optimus 4X HD - VERSUS IO
Optimus 4x cam has F/0? Unreal, trash SL, 4x all the way :D

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Better option wait for the mobile confrence this month...If you can increase your budget why not Sony Z?

rider

as Kratos
Better option wait for the mobile confrence this month...If you can increase your budget why not Sony Z?

Xperia Z would be launch for around 40k for sure just like HTC Butterfly (1080p screen).

Yes and zero warranty, would you risk 25k on no warranty? I wouldn't, for me 10k is the limit, I can buy a Pantech Burst, if it fails, ok, 8k out, if a nexus fails, that's 25k down the drain and also there aren't many shops(if at all) that can repair a complex device like Nexus 4.

No dude, all Nexus phones will not come with no or dealer warranty. Third party services like serve pro is par to manufacture warranty.
And don't forget rooting, flashing, custom ROM pulls of the manufacture warranty too. It's the individual choice in the end.

Last edited:
Top Bottom