Is my SSD dead ?

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Hi,

From past 10-12 days I was experiencing weird small freezes in my system. Like If I click on a folder it would take 5 to 10 seconds to open and display all of its content at that time I could move mouse, can enable Capslock ON/OFF. Also it was random, it may happen once may not happen next time. I thought it might be improper indexing issue. Some times my system would just freeze. I had to restart manually to make it work again. I checked HWMonitor screens and voltages seems fine. :-?

Main thing to the shock from yesterday it stopped getting displayed in BIOS :shock:. I tried different cables and reconnecting thing but no help. So main question is have my SSD died ? :cry:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you had used a hard disk health monitoring software like crystaldisk or hdtune it might be possible to knew the extent of damage.now your best option is to try the ssd in another system & if it still does not show up in bios then most probably it is dead.

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Any idea about how Kingston's RMA service work for SSD ?
I mean replacement or repair ? Time duration ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this link may be useful to you and there's an official service rep named KingstonFE there ;-)

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
I have given my SSD to them on 2nd April 2012. :cry:
Today I called them up for update and these guys saying they are not sure about any estimate date. I asked like 10-15 days guy says ya 10 more days :shock:. I was like WTF not even any ETA? :evil:

Any solution ? Anyone have experienced same before with Kingston ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kingston RMA takes time specially for storage devices ... you may need to wait for 25 days to a whole month.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ consider 1 week just as a standard statement - usually it will take a lot more time.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
Hi,

Main thing to the shock from yesterday it stopped getting displayed in BIOS :shock:. I tried different cables and reconnecting thing but no help. So main question is have my SSD died ? :cry:

heh, my SSD died today as well. Same as yours.

Could you let me know of whom you contacted?

Top Bottom