1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

is my pc affected by a virus???

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by abhishek_sharma, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abhishek_sharma

abhishek_sharma New Member

i have win xp with sp2 installed on my comp, windows firewall is on.
    i use bsnl bb and have configured to make it always on.

recently iam noticing 2 peculiar things...a pic file called UserImages.bmp appears in My Documents root folder...even if i delete even then it comes back after some time.
    second, nero 7 stops working after 1 or 2 times after installation and gives the msg tht nero executable file has been modified. Your PC may be affected by a virus!..etc
    i formatted the windows drive and reinstalled windows, still this is happening again..
    any solutions...

2. dIgItaL_BrAt

dIgItaL_BrAt New Member

that userimages.bmp is not a virus,it's a bug in Nero 7,so no need to worry about it.

3. digiFriend

digiFriend New Member

luckly your computer is not infected by virus. but why wait for infection. prevention is always better than cure. try installing avira antivirus which also has free version, and run full scan of harddisk. (pcworld has rated it as best free antivirus). this anti virus is lean and does not use large system resources.

4. anandk

anandk Distinguished Member

5. QwertyManiac

QwertyManiac Commander in Chief

Ok, so thats not a reason to worry about thnx, was trying to find what was wrong :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.