Is My Overclocking Safe ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
i have overcloked my cpu Pentium(Prescott) 133*22=2.93Ghz to 155*22=3.41Ghz with max. temp upto 48 C without any conflicts till date for 3 months. Am I under safe position or should i reduce it?? Can any one tell me the limit of overclocking and cons. of overclocking

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I am not an overclocker but you have answered yourself. 3 months is a big time and you have noticed its stability. So you look in a safe position

smithsande

Right off the assembly line
Troubleshooting Hardware

Computer Hardware problems are usually the easiest type of problems to solve.
The trick, as with all troubleshooting ventures.Computer hardware problems are less common than software problems.

--------------
smithsande
social media marketing

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@sooraj, stable temperature doesn't mean that it's a good overclock.

Run utilites like superpi and other stress tests for couple of hours. If they does not return any errors, your overclocking is good one.

If superpi fails to calculate pi to 32M. it means that you processor is unable to handle floating point instructions properly and that will result in data corruption. SO, reduce the speed by 5-10 MHz and try again.

OP
Sooraj_digit

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
i have done all the benchmarkings with more 5 Mhz increase with stability i am worried about temp. what's the max. temp and frequency which my cpu can withstand
Processor info: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel on LGA 775 socket

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
60 should be okay. but 70 will be hot.

apply some thermal paste to keep the temperature down.

any thing in 50's is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom