Is my gpu dying?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Voltages are within tolerance limits. Doesn't look like a PSU problem. Should be the video hardware acceleration thing

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
[MENTION=8223]avichandana2000[/MENTION] if you need a spare PSU to test ping me :) got a few here which can easily take the load. even though Flash vids can do weird stuffs...u shouldn't rule out a PSU going bad.
@others...you guys need to focus on the problems of OP and not fight among yourselves.
Corsair used to be good..the best if i am allowed to say...and while the quality has gone south thanks to their stupidity..they are not yet out for count.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
@ sumonpathak

You are my last chance. So let me see if i can diagnose anything. If you have time you can come down to my house on Saturday or Sunday.

I also do not account on PSU but the GPU. I need another system to test it.Yesterday played AVATAR Blu ray version but nothing happens. Browsed net in Chrome.....nothing happens. After that monitor starts flickering with a gap of 10 to 12 mins and then the display konks off but monitor is not getting off fully. Its greying out(as in the pic). will try to record a video of it.

My GPU slot also may put up its hand. PCIE x16 is not working for a long period so it is fitted in x8 slot.

Last edited:
OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Any time I moved a window or did something the activity seemed to cause the flashing.

Watch the 12 min video: with occasional flickering and then kaput.

*drive.google.com/file/d/0B7QxA0_juWsASXRYcGJfbkxqeE0/view?usp=sharing

uploaded in google drive. Any other place from where it can be viewed directly?

Last edited:
OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
After many mix and match what finally seems to be a solution is that

I have lowered the RESOLUTION of my monitor(DELL SP2309W) from 2048 x 1152(native) TO 1920x1080. After that the system runs for 8 hrs without any glitch.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
After behaving like a good boy for one and half week there is BLACK OUT again. This time i changed monitor taking from my friend and it happened within 10 mins.

I changed the PCIE slot from x8 to x4 which is the last one.

So my board looses x16 and x8 PCIE slot.

Can these Slots be changed only?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
You did read the tomsHardware thread? If you haven't read it. It's hard to fix a issue that cannot be easily replicated.

Top Bottom