Is my Dell Package Tampered ?

Hi guys,

I had ordered a Dell laptop online a few days ago. Today I got the delivery.

I found that the Dell Box didn't have a proper taping. I mean, normally you should have a proper 'Dell' Branded tape, around the box. But this package I got had a transparent cello tape with black Criss-Cross on it. Further more, it was taped only on the flip mouth, around the handle area.

I got suspicious and told the Bluedart guy about it. He turned out to be arrogant too.

Can you please tell me what should I do ? How should I report or anything ?

I'm in a hurry because that guy will come again tomorrow. :-?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You shouldn't have accepted it (and I assume you didn't?).
But then again I seriously doubt Dell India has a fixed standard as logistics and packaging in India is downright unprofessional. Does it look as if its torn and then cello-taped?

OP
V

Vivek.28

Stuck
Well, I tried contacting my Service Manager yesterday, but couldn't talk to her. Tried the same with customer care, but thrice I called and got stuck on call transfer.

Couldn't do it today because I came late from college.

Actually, the concern is over the taping. That's it. It didn't have a Dell branded tape as it should be on a product casing (also I asked some friends about it, they replied the same). The box doesn't look opened at all. In fact it's in a good condition.

Have told mom & dad to not open it till I call them and get a confirmation about my doubts.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Then I don't think its a problem. Must have been a logistics thing that they have ran out of tapes (or they just don't follow a proper standard). I'll check with an official dell store that I have near my place. On the way when/if I can drop by, I'll do the needful.

Top Bottom