Is Limewire Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Hey everybody, I *he*ked o*t lime wire and I wanted to know if there wo*ld be any problems abo*t vir*ses. I *sed Limewire to download m*si*. I wanted to know if vir*ses or spyware wo*ld go with the file. If there is, will AVG Free Edition destroy the vir*s.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
when d/lin , *he*k the file size, if its in KB, then dont d/l, its probabaly a vir*s (whi*h was shown in NDTV too :p).

xbonez

NP : Crysis
with a good anti-vir*s and anti-spyware, reg*larly *pdated, there sh*dn't be a problem...i've never had one

also don't dl .exe files or files with st*pid file sizes, like in kbs for songs/movies

it is safe,
just a little common sense is needed.
suppose u r looking out for a song, and when u search u found one of size 500KB.
Now simple logic is that a mp3 file can't be that small..so must be a fake or virus.
similar logic applies to other things also

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Alternately you can have reserve 2-3 GB space and install a linux distro like Ubuntu on your hard disk and run limewire from that. As for space read/write to ntfs partitions is no more an issue.

OP
cooldudie3

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Will AVG Antivirus Free Edition 8 do? I don't have a firewall other than the Windows XP one. I realized now that 5000 KB is 5MB:D:D

Can anyone recommend a good firewall that is free and give me the link to the website to download?

One more question, not about limewire. How come in this forum I see some letters in stars? It is weird and I have never seen it before...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
AVG is good option, but try to get KAV7 (Kaspersky).

----
www.zonealarm.com

ZoneAlarm (ZA) Free

btw use ZA if you have 512MB + RAM, as the v7 takes some resource.
----

about the stars, it was some problem in forum upgrading....

legolas

Padawan
I have had no issues with Limewire so far. You just need to be careful in downloading. Usually I check out for the file size you are expecting and the file size it shows...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
AVG is good option, but try to get KAV7 (Kaspersky).

----
www.zonealarm.com

ZoneAlarm (ZA) Free

btw use ZA if you have 512MB + RAM, as the v7 takes some resource.
----

about the stars, it was some problem in forum upgrading....
zonealarm 7 is shite, comodo is teh trend :D

Lime wire is virus hotspot, be careful, archives mainly contains virus (see the size).

OP
cooldudie3

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
What did you say, about limewire slowing the sys?

Btw, how much resource does Zonealarm take up?

Instead of AVG Free Edition are there any other free antivirus programs?

zorrotech2008

Broken In
It is completely safe if u have a good and well updated antivirus..nd also coupled wid sm common sense........like always check file size....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom