Is LCD TV a must buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen many people buying LCD TV's nowadays. I have an old CRT tv which was fine until my neighbour bought new LCD. :oops:
Now I am also thinking of new LCD tv. I seen some and find out that they aren't as good as CRT specially low cost one.
The main thing i find out viewing angle is not good that they show in ad's.The picture gets blur in wide screen LCD Tv.

But still i liked it becoz of SIZE and Looks . Good LCDs are costly and I don't want to spend so much on TV.
I am confused, should i still stick to old CRT or go for new LCD :?:
OR should i consider moniter TV from LG :confused:

Dont jump in just because there are many people buying LCD TVs . Only you can decide whether you want to own one . If you do decide to buy have a big budget , otherwise wait till it becomes cheaper .

Krow

Crowman
LCD's are a waste unless you buy 26 or 32" for HD viewing. These come for 20k-50k. I suggest you wait until these become affordable and HDTV services go mainstream and then buy a 32" LCD TV. Unless HD TV is provided by DTH providers, large LCD's are a waste, except for HD movie playback.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
as Croww said is true, LCD's aren't Luxury anymore, if u want to spend a gr8 budget then go for LCD's, cuz the LCD's available in 30 - 40 thousand don't match the performance as other. So if its fine from u r side 2 invest 60 thousand on a TV. Better go for LCD-TV or wait till the price fall. Currently in India there is no need for LCD, if u are not going 2 play HD content on it. But its a must haves in US and other countries cuz the TV broadcast in their countries comes by HD, .mkv format. In India the last broadcast for TV's are MPEG4.

So on CRT MPEG4 will work fine.

PraKs

Youngling
Just an update

Sony has stopped production of CRT TV, Its only LCD & LED now.

Reliance has called in tenders for HD programs worth Rs 150 Crore.

LCD is way to go...

6x6

Journeyman
I am having 22"lcd tv and 21"crt tv at home, there is not much difference in performance. after 5min of viewing we forget which tv we are viewing.
Lcd tv price will go down in future (i think in this year 22" lcd tv will come under 10k), if you already have crt tv then no need to invest money now, and if you have to purchse new tv then go for lcd.
and one more thing - 22" lcd tv is sufficient for room size upto 12'x12'

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
People are switching over to LCDs because (1)they use a fraction of electricity used by normal CRTs and (2) LCDs are the best way of integrating your other digital media equipments (say HDMI out from your laptop).

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
The answer to this question is very subjective.You may as well as, is watching TV must at all and the answer would be,definitely no.Watching Tv is not must,so could be said as in case of LCD.
But then if you put this in a way as,is Watching HD contents worth it,then the answer is, if you love to watch TV then yes.And for watching HD contents nothing like LCD TV.
But please remember not to buy anything,less than 32" because you will not reap the benefits of lcd.
And most important.Dont buy just because your neighbour is buying one.
Research or give us your budget and we will comeup with the best option for you

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Buy because you need it and not because you want it. The former makes much more sense IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom