Is it safe to forcestop preloaded app ?

hari11

Broken In
My new Micromax phone has preloaded 'Gamehub' app which Avast shows a trojan virus detected and also AVG..There is an option to forcestop and uninstall..When i click on uninstall it shows uninstall unsuccessful..So i tried to forcestop,but it shows this might cause some apps to misbehave,so i cancelled..

Most pf the Micromax phones has this app preinstalled..

Do i proceed to forcestop ? will it really cause apps to misbehave ? or Is there anyway to uninstall that app..?
And I don't want to root to do that...

ankush28

Bazinga
Its completely safe :)

You can force stop any app... it will come back start working after reboot ;)

If possible DISABLE that app its useless.

Last edited:
OP
H

hari11

Broken In
Its completely safe :)

You can force stop any app... it will come back after reboot ;)

If possible DISABLE that app its useless.

ohk..Is there a way to permanently uninstall that app without rooting(i guess there are many apps in market) ?

ankush28

Bazinga
^ No app can remove default apps without root !!!

you can "disable" them, its almost equivelent to uninstalling ;)

To disable
Settings-->apps-->all apps-->select-->Disable

@Luffy edit your sig.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
u cannot remove the system apps without rooting.

removing a system app requires permission & root access so root 1st.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Why freeze when u can remove it ?

because sometimes removing the apps in stock roms causes crashes/force close immediately (happened to me twice, i removed samsung home and samsung keypad)

Better to freeze them instead of searching for an important system app you deleted by mistake.

ankush28

Bazinga
because sometimes removing the apps in stock roms causes crashes/force close immediately (happened to me twice, i removed samsung home and samsung keypad)

Better to freeze them instead of searching for an important system app you deleted by mistake.

You're correct but OP want to disable Gamehub which won't cause any FC or runtime errors :lol:
I had even lost my Status bar once :lol:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
@OP: i disabled all the bloatware on my A63. :p

runs fine.

@others: is it fine if i remove Play Books/Magazines/Movies?? they seem to have any use..

Top Bottom