is it possible to hack into yahoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhas M

Broken In
my friend says that he is able to hack into anybody's yahoo mail without the owner knowing it. is it possible? is the yahoo security so bad? he is doing his final year..

S

SE><IE

Hell no. Yahoo! will go into secure login mode (the one with image verification) for 3 wrong attempts. So either you must be lucky to "guess" the pwd in under 3 trials or launch a distributed attack, taking control of 10s of 1000s of PCs to login into that account.

An easier way is the trojans and KLs. Easier for the attacker cuz he doesn't need to know anything (n00b?)

Third Eye

gooby pls
Suhas M said:
my friend says that he is able to hack into anybody's yahoo mail without the owner knowing it. is it possible? is the yahoo security so bad? he is doing his final year..

He is fooling you.

shantanu

Technomancer
hacking is not "halwa" :D:D man,

it take months to see a particular thing... and the people who say that it take 5 mins or something life this is just OS..

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
LOL, you really think someone can hack HOTMAIL and Yahoo servers :D

Take it from me bro, they pay Millions to the Employees and earn Billions out of it, its simply not gonna happen. No offence but have you ever seen a NEWS HEADLINE Yahoo HACKED, No because it has never been hacked once. Hotmail is behind so many layers of super powerful firewalls. If it ever hacked, people gona loose so much of important information

Only way people are able to *hack* hotmail or Yahoo Accounts is because of mistake of end user and not Hotmail or Yahoo. People fall for phising sites or accept untrusty files which are keyloggers and tons of reasons which lets the *hacker* with their essential details.

I hope this clear your doubt. :)

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
He can't hack yahoo servers

By using some scripts may be he can guess yahoo id password

see both are different stuffs

Hacking Yahoo servers is totally different from
Getting in someone's yahoo mail

hailgautam

Youngling
the guy must have a key logger on his pc and can figure out the passwords, that way he can claim that he is able to hack....

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Impossible. He\'s cheating you. I do not use Yahoo but still i know that it\'s impossible to hack to a person\'s mail account except if you have found someone\'s password or guessed it and got it correct.

redhat

Mad and Furious
He might not be hacking into your maid id, but might have aquired your pwd, by keyloggers which are avainlable freely on the internet, or used the other trick by decieving the Yahoo server and retrieving your pwd. This trick actually works!!!. I used it to get my lost password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom