Is it normal for a company to reject you after you cleared the interview?

ratul

█████████████████
Ok, on 15th may, i gave an interview in a company, it was 3rd round and i had cleared first 2 rounds previously, after that no reply from them, i called them after a week, they said that they are processing, after a month around 15th june, i called them and they said that i have cleared the interview, and as there were only 3 rounds there, so they said that i'd get a call for further proceedings and then offer letter, after that whenever i called them, they just used to give me a date next week and i didn't used to get any call, past this week, they just disconnect the call when i say my name, i've tried on tuesday and friday, on both days, they just disconnected the call and after that they didn't picked it up.. not replying to my e-mail either... Am i rejected without any notification or reason even after they said that i'd cleared the interview?? Is it normal?? Should i call or contact them any further about am i selected or rejected??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i don't think you can do much beside asking because it is not like a govt/PSU exam.i have seen cases in private sector where even after clearing interview joining was not given citing some reason(miscommunication between HR & field office,unforeseen circumstances etc).

OP
ratul

ratul

█████████████████
i don't think you can do much beside asking because it is not like a govt/PSU exam.i have seen cases in private sector where even after clearing interview joining was not given citing some reason(miscommunication between HR & field office,unforeseen circumstances etc).

so is it OK for me to try to contact them this week??

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
so is it OK for me to try to contact them this week??

I suggest not to communicate them anymore.If they are in desperate need of your skill, they will contact you or send offer.This case seems like
they are not having clear decision on recruiting you.So better ignore and move forward.All the best.

OP
ratul

ratul

█████████████████
I suggest not to communicate them anymore.If they are in desperate need of your skill, they will contact you or send offer.This case seems like
they are not having clear decision on recruiting you.So better ignore and move forward.All the best.

thanks for your input.. :)
i was thinking the same to not to further communicate with them, i thought that i would sound too desperate then.. :p

amohit

Broken In
This sounds like bad HR practices. The least they can do is to keep the candidate informed. Its absolutely normal to clear all the technical interviews and still not gett the offer letter. Project may have got cancelled or recruitment freeze may have been put in place or they may have found someone technically better. What ever the case may be, if they cant face you on phone, atleast they can reply over the email.

My suggestion..look elsewhere. And disclose the name of the company here, so that others are aware of the company's HR practices.

Regards,
Mohit

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
This is a normal practice in most of our small Indian firms. Once, after an interview, you've been told that you would be called up, you can be damn sure that the call would never come. There may be a number of causes of getting rejected/not selected, even after being successful in interview/screening. The causes might include - Number of vacancies, Notice Period (if applicable), the overall Cost to Company (CTC) a company is ready to bear per candidate, and may be some external pressures (some sifarishi laals).

Calling them again and again may present you in a bad light apart from being a wastage of time and money. Forget this one, and give a try somewhere else. BEST OF LUCK.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I would say it always is better for a person not to follow up more than twice. Even that is not advisable because if they interview you and if they want to select you, they dont need a reminder to do so (afterall they are in business).

OP
ratul

ratul

█████████████████
well, i didn't contacted them after that, and on thursday, they called me themselves (for the first time i'd say)... :-D
they asked me CTC, i quoted mine, some negotiation process started, and they said we'll discuss with the department and inform you back about final CTC..
guess though they were late, but they actually didn't forgot me.. :wink: though i think i quoted a somewhat higher CTC for what they could offer, let's see how much time now i've to wait again.. :oops:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Congrats! Maybe, they're considering you seriously. You might get what you've quoted. Anyhow, they can always try negotiating back if your CTC seems higher to what they could afford for your position.

Top Bottom