Is it better to buy locally or Online?

Hi.. I am not new to buying anything from Flipkart or letsbuy or theitdepot. But for assembling a PC would it make a big difference in price if I went and bought each part individually instead of getting them locally?? I am from Chennai. So if there is anyone from Chennai who knows the local prices in Richie street that would be awesome. Specifically I need prices for:

• Asus P8Z77-v Pro. (costs 17k on flipkart which I feel is too high).
  • ATI 7850HD preferably a dual fan OC version (Found something for around 19k on theitdepot)
  • 3rd Generation i5-2500k (did not find the IB processors online yet). Also open to suggestions on some other processor but with a budget of only around 12k. Will be OCing.
  • Price of 8GB DDR3 RAM (2x4GB)

This is my first ever post on the forum after reading around a bit and I think you guys are awesome. Thanks for all the good work :).

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Check Prices online and then find the products locally ... if you find it locally with less price (happens most of the times), then you should buy it locally IMO.

Get Sapphire HD 7850 (Non OC) - 15.5k If you want a factory OC you can get a Gigabyte HD 7850 OC @15-16k.

There is no such thing as a 3rd generation of i5 2500k. There are 3rd generation of i5 series . 2500k is a model of 2nd gen i5 . IMO 3rd gen i5 (Ivy Bridge) do not give that much better performance than i5 2nd gen but are way too costly. Better Buy an i5 2500k @ 12-12.5k.

Price of 8GB RAM DDR3 (G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 Mhz) should be around 3-3.5k.

OP
T

Thunder Emperor

Broken In
Thanks for the suggestion. But why do u suggest a non OC GPU over a factory OC one??

Also I read later about the CPU. I realise now that i5-2500k is Sandybridge and not Ivy Bridge. My bad.

Would like to know from someone from Chennai about the prices in Ritchie street compared to Flipkart. Anyway I am going there this weekend.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
In RITCHIE Street all shops will add 5% tax with each and every component you buy. Price of I5 2500K will be 12.5K in Delta Peripherels Inside Nakoda Complex in Ritchie Street .

Top Bottom