Is Intel or AMD best for playing Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
"AMD good for gaming" is a thing of past. Intel's new Core Duo series with enhanced micro architecture outperforms AMD in terms of efficiency. It will be interesting war during next year when AMD will release its next generation AM2+ processor.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Intels current range of processors are turning out to be much more powerful than the current range of AMD processors....

However, on a side note, considering cost implications of Processor+Motherboard+Graphics card, I think unless you are really in the higher end of budgets, AMD offers better bang for the buck... (IMHO)

Arun

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
tech_your_future said:
How does C2D stand in front of X2's on overclockability, heating and all such features?

More than clock speed and FSB, micro architecture really makes a huge difference to the performance. C2D has achieved exactly that. We have to wait and see AMD's reply to C2D next year when they release next generation AM2+ Processors.

rajasekharan

Youngling
I still believe amd provides best bang of buck . . For 6300 to perform decently you need to shell out some more on motherboard is it ? Most of them dont have much . They look mostly at 10 to 12k max for proc and motherboard . I guess amd is the way to go here . I am not saying not to go for 6300 . But its too much to afford now for many . Better buy one that suits best for budjet . Than look at specs.things change fast in the world of computers
Yes. . I forgot put a graphics card to enjoy games . Its the graphics card that matters than proc. Sure you get better frame rates with good proc. But frame rates that makes you playable around 30 to 40 max is enough for a decent user. I dont mean hard core gamer. And look for the need that you buy comp for . Excel and office works plus some casual games infact even 3d apps. An x2 with more ram and card is the best solution. (Cant edit ,on mob)

Last edited:

rajasekharan

Youngling
I guess , once the price of combo of 6300 falls to 12 or 10k it becomes truly recommended for all peoples. Till then we will have to wait for the prices to fall . Oh yes , but when you are getting 6300 you really want to spend on a healthy mother board that has decent if not premium components . I guess one around 4 to 6k . Oh well , i greatly want to see a 6300 and a mother board with raid (hardware). For 10k. :).

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well a processor is not the only thing,a good motherboard,RAM,GPU etc...plays vital roles.Before core 2 duo AMD was the beast,but beast has prices.My pal bought AMD 4400+ in january 06 for 30K.Now u can see E6600 has beaten up FX-62 in all respects.U can clearly see here:
*xtreview.com/review115.htm

& to tell u the price E 6600 is having the price of 4400+.Almost 16K...as now.Check for yourself for the price of FX-62.

Core 2 Duo is way better than any of AMD in respect....so FAR.Remember before C2D,AMD was having costliest processors yet better.But now we have to wait for AMD's new architect,but then also INTEL will beat up AMD in price war...I believe.

And AMD is not bad at all.If someone uncle says AMD is not good enough is because he doesn't have proper knowledge & dealers always says this because AMD doesn't create margins of profit.
AMD is still not repairable in INDIA(some vendor told me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom