Is Intel or AMD best for playing Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhipal

Journeyman
Is Intel or AMD best for playing Games?

I have seen some serious problems in AMD

1. One friend can start NFS MW but the game closes automatically.
2. One friend can play NFS MW's first race without any problem but when he starts his next race his computer slows down and he can't play this race.

But most of the people sugggests AMD and not the Intel. I am confused.
Please help.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
See the problems your friends are facing is either due to corrupt game files or some hardware problem.
Its a clear thing that AMD is better for gaming.

OP
A

abhipal

Journeyman
Game is ok. I can play on P4 & Intel D101 GGC board. As for h/w problem no friend in my city (Nagpur) is happy with AMD. My vendor also don't recommend AMD due to the faluty cases he saw with his customers. He told that failure rate is nearly 80% i.e. 4 out of 5 are faulty.

shantanu

Technomancer
its just bogus..
AMD never produce such bad processors mine 7 pcs and 7 amd no faults..

maybe your dealers sells grey products ..

and amd nopes .. best for gaming..
might be a ram problem..

and one more thing that every pc can run well its just who assembles it and uses genuine softwares with correct setup,drivers and maintenence..

OP
A

abhipal

Journeyman
He dont sell bogus h/w coz he is my uncle and I know it coz most of the time I am at his work. And this is not only about him, it is the problem with all my friends with AMD.

shantanu

Technomancer
sorry dude not wanted to hurt you just wanted to say that may be its coz i never had a problem sorry i you got hurt..

Mayur

Broken In
My dealer dont like AMD
I wasent able to copy a scratchless original DVD,
i asked him he said it is fault of your chipset and AMD processor
I dont think it is true ,
well about faults, I got my RAM,TV tunner,SMPS,MODEM replaced\repaired from him.components not faulty were Proccessor,MOBO,DVD RW.
in a single configuration i took from him.
So i think it is just that faults occure and some blame AMD for it
rather way I think AMD is good for overclocking and budget PCs until cheaper core 2 DUO come into market.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
I dont think AMD can cause any problems.....The overheating thing about AMD is a MyTH......
AMD are superb overclockers....

Mayur

Broken In
codename_romeo said:
I dont think AMD can cause any problems.....The overheating thing about AMD is a MyTH......
AMD are superb overclockers....
yeha my processor goes hardly adove 51 degrees these days(its bit cold)
(well overclocking from 1.8 to 2.0 and playing newer games temp. just goes above 51)
but some older Intel models I have seen (fy friends one) heates more than mine without overclocking!

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
nothing is perfect in the world! it might be a manufacturing defect? i thing i got the solution insert linux cd and do memory test u will get the better idea.
or may be there could be problem with the game? r u using licenced game or the pirated 1?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
and yeah amd is the best :) and cheap too but it is not popular because not every body is aware about it.. may be because amd keep itself away from advertisement (specially on tv) and may be that's why amd is cheap?

shantanu

Technomancer
Desi-Tek.com said:
nothing is perfect in the world! it might be a manufacturing defect? i thing i got the solution insert linux cd and do memory test u will get the better idea.
or may be there could be problem with the game? r u using licenced game or the pirated 1?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
and yeah amd is the best :) and cheap too but it is not popular because not every body is aware about it.. may be because amd keep itself away from advertisement (specially on tv) and may be that's why amd is cheap?

NICE SAID !!!! and really if you have every thing genuine then you ca get the most out of it!!!

i think problems would be much lesser then in pirated...
I ALWAYS GO FOR LICENSED VERSIONS...

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
AMD or Intel matter later .. what matter most in gaming is the GPU , not the CPU .. most AMD's are sold with onboard Via UniChrome chipsets (with very bad 3D acceleration) ... while Intel's are equipped with atleast 915's these days .. those chips are the one's that causes troubles with gaming ..

Even a P4 2.0 GHz will play games when equipped with a 7800GS .. albeit a Athlon64 3000+ will be better , but still the games will be playable enough ..

I've heard lots of people complain about AMD with some very stupid reasons .. dealers who do this are infact less aware of the market ... most people rely on Intel , so such dealers can bag in a lot of cash by giving false hope's .. just how the market goes ...

shantanu

Technomancer
codename_romeo said:
Actually if u keep rest of the components same then an AMD will outperform a Pentium

and yes AMD hAS A nice memory contoller to less the time for processing and give real time experience then pentium while pentiums are Still migrating to 64bits not complete 64 EM64T and now they got Enhanced virus protection now .. and AMD 64 Athlon had it a way time before when first 64 was launched

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
I dont care for whatever vendors say about AMD....I may own a Intel PC but i trust AMD more (Intel isnt that bad either)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom