Is Global Warming a Hoax?

Aerohawk

Right off the assembly line
Makes me want to put a super duper sensitive thermometer in my house and check this for myself. After all ideas these ideas are hardwired in my brain, it will take more than that to rewire it. To think every single ******* on TV and the literate world was just writing trying to delude people. They may exaggerating but it's hard to believe they were faking it.

Also if wondering tl:dr hate reading walls of text.

Sarath

iDota
Global warming. even a toddler knows its true by now. Every year it gets hotter and seasonal fluctuations are more common now. And heck National geography shows melting glaciers every hour.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ don't bump old thread.

Enough discussion and it's a proven fact Global Warming is real - time to close down.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Thanks for reopening the thread.

In many ways, this event was long overdue: climate sceptics have for years pointed out that the world is not warming as rapidly as once forecast.

A lot depends on how you do the measurements, of course.

Each of the last few decades has been warmer than the last. But start your graph in 1998 - which happened to be an exceptionally warm year - and there hasn't been much global warming at all.

Gradually the words 'pause' and 'hiatus' which first featured in the blogs have crossed to the media and then to the scientists professionally engaged in researching the global climate.

The headline - which the scientists will not thank me for - is that no one is really sure why the rate of warming has stumbled.

Pauses expected

On top of that, the scientists say, pauses in warming were always to be expected. This is new - at least to me.

It is common sense that climate change would not happen in a neat, linear away but instead in fits and starts.

But I've never heard leading researchers mention the possibility before.

Read the full article here:-
BBC News - Why has global warming stalled?

Top Bottom