Is galaxy Note 3 Really Worth 48k??

randomuser111

Technomancer
:lol: first era of mobile camera ?? :D thats a bit over exaggerating..
afaik, note3 camera's well above average...maybe better than nexus5 too.. :O

It's FAR better than Nexus 5 :)

Nexus 5 camera is better than Nexus 4's but not really comparable to any flagship phone.

OP
Theodre

Theodre

In the zone
:lol: first era of mobile camera ?? :D thats a bit over exaggerating..
afaik, note3 camera's well above average...maybe better than nexus5 too.. :O

I dont think so.. if i just click a photo and zoom it a bit.. the photo is full of grains... And BTW.. even though i haven't used the Nexus 5.. it has a 8MP OIS camera.. it is bound to be better .... AND AM SERIOUS...

$hadow

Geek in making
If camera is that important why not go for Lumia series and if you want android note 3 has got every thing. And with the price tag of 43 k I can say that you should give it a shot and there are bunch of camera apps available that might make the camera better.

OP
Theodre

Theodre

In the zone
If camera is that important why not go for Lumia series and if you want android note 3 has got every thing. And with the price tag of 43 k I can say that you should give it a shot and there are bunch of camera apps available that might make the camera better.

Thanks $hadow, i will recheck with the camera by comparing the s4 camera.. and nexus 4 camre too... Then i will come back to Note 3 :) Even though camera is not tooo important, it is a bit because

1. Am spending a premium cash on this device..
2. Since i pay that much dont i deserve a good camera to click my moments??? :)

What is your opinion on Nexus 5, comparing Note 3!!??!!

randomuser111

Technomancer
Nope, OIS does not have anything to do with final image quality. It helps you get steadier shots without much effort which increases your chances of getting a blur free clear image.

The actual quality depends on the sensor, lens, processing algorithm and ISP.

Also the OIS used in Nexus 5 is only a 2 axis OIS which is inferior to the applications on Lumia phones and LG G2.

So do not judge photo quality based on whether a device has OIS or not.

Nexus 5 camera is worse than Note 3 in EVERY area.

GSMArena has this to say:

"The Nexus 5 camera certainly isn't going to win any photography contests - thanks to its poor white balance it can't even win its own 8MP league, let alone take the big guys with 13MP cameras (the Xperia Z1 and Lumia 1020 can't even be put in the same sentence with it).
"

Among the 13MP camera flagship batch, Galaxy S4 has the best camera followed by Note 3. G2 has OIS but overall quality isn't as good as S4 or Note 3.

OP
Theodre

Theodre

In the zone
Nope, OIS does not have anything to do with final image quality. It helps you get steadier shots without much effort which increases your chances of getting a blur free clear image.

The actual quality depends on the sensor, lens, processing algorithm and ISP.

Also the OIS used in Nexus 5 is only a 2 axis OIS which is inferior to the applications on Lumia phones and LG G2.

So do not judge photo quality based on whether a device has OIS or not.

Nexus 5 camera is worse than Note 3 in EVERY area.

GSMArena has this to say:

"The Nexus 5 camera certainly isn't going to win any photography contests - thanks to its poor white balance it can't even win its own 8MP league, let alone take the big guys with 13MP cameras (the Xperia Z1 and Lumia 1020 can't even be put in the same sentence with it).
"

Among the 13MP camera flagship batch, Galaxy S4 has the best camera followed by Note 3. G2 has OIS but overall quality isn't as good as S4 or Note 3.

So if this is the case case, then i am more than happy to buy The samsung galaxy note 3!! Now the only problem will be for me to get a Note 3 N9005, that too in more than 6 months EMI!!! Possible???????

$hadow

Geek in making
I don't think that I need to explain more since randomuser111 has done it beautifully. If you are paying premium you are also getting something a bit more premium compared to Sammy older phones. The back panel looks and feel good compared to my s3 or my brother in law s4. I just feel that they might break any moment. But note 3 looks good and the 13mp shooter ain't that bad man. Nexus 5 is hearing a lot of bad reviews coz of its camera. The phone is awesome I am getting one soon but I am just not thinking about its camera.

randomuser111

Technomancer
N9005 is not sold in India, so no question of EMI. You will have to import it, I don't think EMI would work in that case.

$hadow

Geek in making
You have to Import one man. So there is practically in India not possiblity of getting one on EMI. You have to pay full payment in advance unless you are getting one form your acquaintance.

OP
Theodre

Theodre

In the zone
You have to Import one man. So there is practically in India not possiblity of getting one on EMI. You have to pay full payment in advance unless you are getting one form your acquaintance.

What do you think about the N9005 and N9000. The battery consumption in N9005 is better and also the GPU is better than the N9000!! Right???

$hadow

Geek in making
Man India is still a dumping ground for many manufacturers and this is kinda annoying for me. We are paying a very premium price for an average or above average product. Well now a word of advice accident can happen anytime so if you import one you need to be extremely careful in the first year. Coz if you did something wrong than be ready for the worse and once you pass that one tear you are good to go. 3gb ram is still an awesome thing to have.

randomuser111

Technomancer
3GB RAM is great on paper but Note 3 usually has the same useable RAM left as most 2GB RAM devices due to the Samsung bloatware. So 3GB RAM at least on Note 3 is more of a "paper spec" with not much benefit in real world usage.

abuzar

Journeyman
What do you think about the N9005 and N9000. The battery consumption in N9005 is better and also the GPU is better than the N9000!! Right???

as i said i am in the same boat, see if you are in gaming n9000 is going to suffer! mali gpu is not so good,
plus in n9000 octa core version 4 cores is active not all the cores. And it does heat aswell.
so better leave it!

$hadow

Geek in making
3GB RAM is great on paper but Note 3 usually has the same useable RAM left as most 2GB RAM devices due to the Samsung bloatware. So 3GB RAM at least on Note 3 is more of a "paper spec" with not much benefit in real world usage.

I prefer custom rom so a large amount of ram will be available. And thanx for pointing it out :mrgreen:

Top Bottom