Is galaxy Note 3 Really Worth 48k??

Theodre

In the zone
I was planning on buying the Samsung galaxy note 3 till morning until when i bumped into some websites stating the cons of the product which is the latest flagship of the korean giant!! I am now confused between three phones and for good reasons...

1. Nexus 5 : Mainly because it has an 8MP OIS camera under the hood and is the best phone and is cheaper comparing all the other flagship products and what more it has the purest form of android running it.

2. HTC ONE Max : It seems to have some interesting specs and the features looks cool!! (should i really need to wait for this phone?? )

3. LG G2 : This is looking so promising and the specs are also cool and features are acceptable... And the main thing that attracted me is the 13MP OIS camera....

Galaxy Note 3 : What i found against the note 3 is that it's camera is bad in low light and the thing that it's processor is slow comparing the other flagship as they are using the OCTA processor. I really do like the S Pen and it's features and everything... I just need to no whether i am doing the correct thing.

So what is your opinion guys???? Should i go for note 3 or any of the above? Suggestions are most welcome...

abuzar

Journeyman
I am in the same hood, have to decide against these smartphone.
Nexus 5 is best among those. i would have selected note 3 but indian version of a note 3 is disappointing.
go for nexus 5.
best of luck :)

nikufellow

In the zone
If you need s pen badly then you're out of choices here get the note 3 otherwise I'd recommend G2 or a more VFM nexus 5

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Get the nexus 5 u won't regret it avoid Samsung my father had note 2 and 3 and he sold it ASAP (he kept the note 2 as a backup phone but never liked it) dont get iPhone either they have issues with hardware buttons
If apps aren't ur priority get a lumia 1020 its a great phone overall and till date i haven't found any issues which would make me return to android
I have 1020,820 720 and a 920 at home as our main phones despite having multiple Samsung and nexus phones at home
Otherwise nexus 5 and Lg g2 are the best in android and are worth buying(I have a nexus 4 too)

OP
Theodre

Theodre

In the zone
Note 3 prices down now available for 43k locally.

Will i be able to buy the Galaxy Note 3 N9005 from somewhere... Internet or something??? Because i thing the N9005 model with the LTE is the best buck for the money and it is also said to have better battery consumption comparing the indian version... I really fell for the sammy guys... Any suggestions on how o get the LTE??

$hadow

Geek in making
Will i be able to buy the Galaxy Note 3 N9005 from somewhere... Internet or something??? Because i thing the N9005 model with the LTE is the best buck for the money and it is also said to have better battery consumption comparing the indian version... I really fell for the sammy guys... Any suggestions on how o get the LTE??

Import one and it will be having a region lock than head on to the xD a site and check out how to break region lock thread and that's it you have a LTE note 3 but without warranty and second option is go with the Indian version but frankly speaking note 3 isn't worth it according to me.

OP
Theodre

Theodre

In the zone
Import one and it will be having a region lock than head on to the xD a site and check out how to break region lock thread and that's it you have a LTE note 3 but without warranty and second option is go with the Indian version but frankly speaking note 3 isn't worth it according to me.

Then tell me which one to opt... $hadow..

One more doubt... Will i be able to buy one from the ebay.com or amazon and ship it to india from US or UK??? There won't be warranty... but any other problem??? is it possible??

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^dukaandar

whaaat??its called personal experience i happen to own alot of different gadgets no need to be sarcastic

Then tell me which one to opt... $hadow..

One more doubt... Will i be able to buy one from the ebay.com or amazon and ship it to india from US or UK??? There won't be warranty... but any other problem??? is it possible??

or u could just get a factory unlocked one from ebay or amazon or something else

OP
Theodre

Theodre

In the zone
whaaat??its called personal experience i happen to own alot of different gadgets no need to be sarcastic

or u could just get a factory unlocked one from ebay or amazon or something else

Yes, but one thing i am disappointed about the Note 3 is that the camera is a crap one. I am confused on whether to buy this or not.... Suggestions on this?

$hadow

Geek in making
If ghost crazy screen is what you want how about xperia ultra. That6.4 inch phablet. And yes you can import with Ishopinternational. But if any warranty problem came up so you have to send it back and get it repaired.

randomuser111

Technomancer
If ghost crazy screen is what you want how about xperia ultra. That6.4 inch phablet. And yes you can import with Ishopinternational. But if any warranty problem came up so you have to send it back and get it repaired.

OP seems to be unimpressed with Note 3 camera, then Z Ultra just can't be considered as its camera is much worse than Note 3's.

Lumia 1520 seems to fit the bill nicely with its excellent camera (especially low light) but runs on WP8.

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
Well one max is looking good on the igyaan review. I think it will also be in the range of 50k why not wait. Or else randomuser111 has given you a good option.

randomuser111

Technomancer
One Max has a crappy camera just like the HTC One. Plus it runs S600. Not worth it at 50k at all.

Maybe for 35k it would be "OK".

EDIT: Oh well looks like its 56k

*www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131045421699

Another FAIL by HTC

OP
Theodre

Theodre

In the zone
One Max has a crappy camera just like the HTC One. Plus it runs S600. Not worth it at 50k at all.

Maybe for 35k it would be "OK".

EDIT: Oh well looks like its 56k

Htc One Max With 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty | eBay

Another FAIL by HTC

My collegue in the office is using the Note 3 and yesterday evening we took some photos i the above average
sun light.. but the photos where like taken from a first era of mobile camera :evil: :-x it really sucks.... I dropped the note 3, but partially... i still think the evrything else in the Note 3 is awesome!!! But cant go a day without a descent camera... :(

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

I don't think Note 3 camera is THAT bad. It's par for the course for a 2013 flagship.

Out of all the phones you listed in your first post, Note 3 has the best camera.

What phone do you own now ?

ashs1

Padawan
but the photos where like taken from a first era of mobile camera :evil: :-x it really sucks....
:lol: first era of mobile camera ?? :D thats a bit over exaggerating..
afaik, note3 camera's well above average...maybe better than nexus5 too.. :O

Top Bottom