Is fanboy-ism getting too far ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the title says it all. Recently, a thread was closed due to hardcore fanboy type posting. One of our members, Charan, even decided to call it quits to this forum thanks to the extreme levels of fanboyism here. Do you think it is getting a bit too far ?

I myself used to be a fanboy of windows 4 years back, then of linux 3 months back, but now I have seen better light. What do you guys feel ?

slugger

Banned
One of our members, Charan, even decided to call it quits to this forum thanks to the extreme levels of fanboyism here.

:confused:

r u sure charan left?

i think i saw his posts today?

but all those flame wars take place only in the non-tech section

its soo much fun reading them :D

if you can't handle it then don't subcribe to it

its as simple as that

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
1. no OS wars=forums boring (trust me on this 1)
2. its forcing opinions and constantly saying the same thing over and over again that irritates
3. what OS is used is not an indicator of how technically knowledgeable or technically inclined a person is
4. OS wars a ot of time are far more informative as compared to the copy-paste section (the tech news section), i have personally learnt a lot about Macs, Windows & Linux from the OS wars itself

having said all the above

OS wars are fine as long as they are healthy and not personal, also i would like to tell every1 that never take anything said in an OS war or a heated debate personally (its for real life too)

1. no OS wars=forums boring (trust me on this 1)
2. its forcing opinions and constantly saying the same thing over and over again that irritates
3. what OS is used is not an indicator of how technically knowledgeable or technically inclined a person is
4. OS wars a ot of time are far more informative as compared to the copy-paste section (the tech news section), i have personally learnt a lot about Macs, Windows & Linux from the OS wars itself

having said all the above

OS wars are fine as long as they are healthy and not personal, also i would like to tell every1 that never take anything said in an OS war or a heated debate personally (its for real life too)
you are absolutely right. OS wars do entertain, but sometimes, it gets a bit... "Racist".

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
are the 'others' stupid or don't have brains of their own?Nobody can force his opinion on others.

Use your freakin' brains and do what you should do.

fanboys are crazy but being crazy about something isn't bad IMO.

and if you can't handle the heat then better not subscribe to such threads,isn't it as simple as that?I haven't seen choto-cheeta and vishal gupta postng in OS-related threads inspite of they fact that they are two of the most respect members around here and both are MVP's.

Now I dont want to offend anybody but charan should not get involved in such threads if he doesn't want someone to get back to him.I respect his contribution to the forums and now ubiquitous gigasmiles but need to grow up man.
yup

removed.,I dont want to get burnt in the heat of this burning hot topic.
lol :D

slugger

Banned
Now I dont want to offend anybody but charan should not get involved in such threads if he doesn't want someone to get back to him.I respect his contribution to the forums and now ubiquitous gigasmiles but need to grow up man.

i agree with you buddy.

but sometime it so happens that even in secn like QnA or software Troubleshooting, if someone face a problem with some OS that can be solved, you have people advising him to shift to a different OS altogether [u no which OS]

this i feel is totally unjustified and should be delt with strictly

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
i agree with you buddy.

but sometime it so happens that even in secn like QnA or software Troubleshooting, if someone face a problem with some OS that can be solved, you have people advising him to shift to a different OS altogether [u no which OS]

this i feel is totally unjustified and should be delt with strictly
the only thing that spoils is personal remarks. i mean disparaging pejorative ones.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^actually if someone says that he is facing so and so virus problems then telling them about linux,which is nearly virus free isn't bad IMO,but some people see it as advertising\advocating or whatever.Or telling people about open-source alternatives to commonly pirated softwares?(it was just an example BTW).Is it bad?FOSS people are very helpful and knowledgeable around here,I have got a lot of help from them.

and then again,I see vishal and choto-cheeta helping people like godsent angels without making any fuss out of it.

BTW I am currently typing this from Vista to clear all your doubts cos I need to play urban terror online and I get pathetic frame-rates on ubuntu.So you see I know whats better at what times and I am using it.

I am off this thread,no more posting just reading.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ i remmber a topic where a guy had a query about MS office; rather than helping him people were posting how OOo is better and how he should shift to OOo, the guy asked a question about MS office answer it and then u may advise whatever u want, but if u dont know the answer to his query then y do u have to give ur expert opinion on what software should he use

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^lol,yea.I also remember telling about a dozen people that photoshop isn't free and it costs about 30k\year.I also remember some thread titled "my ubuntu queries" in OSS section which eventually ended up in comments like 'yea we can do tis so easily in windows','now this is screwed up','windows is better',blah blah blah.o_O and how could I forget "his hard dick failed",lol,that must have hurt.

hey take it easy guys,the end user will eventually find out whats good for him but we need to show them paths\alternatives,some choices doesn't hurt do they?

damn,I swear to god no more posting in this thread.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ wasnt that thread by gx and wasnt it gx who himself was giving his opinion in is own thread and not some other guy :rolleyes: and here we have this normal pc user who asked a question and all he ot for replies was get OOo :-|

^^ wasnt that thread by gx and wasnt it gx who himself was giving his opinion in is own thread and not some other guy :rolleyes: and here we have this normal pc user who asked a question and all he ot for replies was get OOo :-|
thats life.
Vaah! Life Ho Tho Aise!:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom