Is fanboy-ism getting too far ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Fanboyism is fine, as long as it is informed. Sadly, it is close to never informed.

It is impossible for a user to determine which side is better unless he has been on both for an extended period of time. Because there is no doubt that a Mac user will feel uncomfortable on XP, and vice versa. So MetalHeadGautham, you are one of the few members who can offer a non-biased view of which is better among XP and Linux. This is what we need.

And the racism and rudeness is totally unnecessary.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I was using Windows XP, but when Bad Sectors started cracking my 80 GB SATA HDD, it was Knoppix that protected me like an angel by allowing me to take backup of data in D:/.
I then started using Linux and I liked it very much.
IMHO Fanboys really break the unity which this forum has.
If someone prefers Jeans than Trousers, then it depends on the user's comfortability.
Same should be done with any Hardware/Software Products too.
Let it be Windows/Unix/Linux/Mac, competition should be healthy which ultimately gives end users more choices

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I was mulling whether or not I should start a topic like this. Seems that it happened, finally. I really feel that the fanboys are taking a bit too far about everything and it's slowly starting to get personal. This has started to using abusive languages(ofcourse, they are censored). I feel that it's time that the mods took this issue seriously and take the appropriate measure. Just warning hasn't helped at all.

hullap

Cyborg Agent
i thinkin yes fanboys r gettin far thats why i dont go close to them.
im sorry for what happened to charan maybe im felling that same way.
CANT U FANBOYS KEEP IT IN UR BELLY

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Fanboyism sucks. Shoving your views on someone else is stupid. Run what you want , where you want, when you want. That said if you feel offended by certain posts on the internet, then I doubt you'll be happy on any forum / board/ chat room etc.

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Fanboyism shouldn't be taken so seriously as to bother anyone out.I accept that I too get frustrated from the comments posted by fanboys,But hey,Its the internet.Get used to it,and you know there are fanboys all over the world.
Charan,fanboyism isn't a reason that a senior like you would quit such a reputated forum.So I sincerely request you to come back to Digit.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Few fanboys are suckers. A true fanboy is someone who creates awareness by showing off his love towards the product by writing blog posts and help others. But some fanboys will think as if the company is owned by them and will create a mess.
I never like to be a fanboy. I use everything and adore them as well. Its obvious to have pros and cons. But...

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
A true fanboy is someone who creates awareness by showing off his love towards the product by writing blog posts and help others. But some fanboys will think as if the company is owned by them and will create a mess.

Just by having a blog that posts some tutorials or helping others doesn't make you a fanboy.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
If someone prefers Jeans than Trousers, then it depends on the user's comfortability.
Same should be done with any Hardware/Software Products too.
Let it be Windows/Unix/Linux/Mac, competition should be healthy which ultimately gives end users more choices

That does not give that someone the right to steal jeans or trousers, he still has to [size=+1]buy[/size] them. I want to know how many users of this forum are really running a licensed Windows OS.

*img217.imageshack.us/img217/9472/pubthefuture2cisopen466cr4.png

NucleusKore

TheSaint
if u want to do that start a survey

That survey/poll would have to be one based on faith. One can dispute the results both ways.

How many posts here have you seen people double, triple booting with two versions of windows +/- a linux distro. How many people have you seen say, " I do not like Vista, I'll install XP" or vice-versa. You're telling me they throw away the OS they paid for and buy another? Rich guys :)

*img217.imageshack.us/img217/9472/pubthefuture2cisopen466cr4.png

Last edited:
@metalhead-Your siggy speaks a lot :D
It was made just before this thread, and gave me the whole idea of this thread.
Valid point when it comes to Windows OS. You know what I mean. :)

thats an issue with the company not a problem related to fanboyism
people who are fanboys use that licencing trouble against Windows.
the same applies for linux. people who hate multimedia cripples on their OS hindering their out of box experience, target linux and say it sucks.

but they forget REAL issues like stability, compatability and security.

I argue that windows has one of the world's worst licencing methords and marketing stratagies, but I don't say that this is a point that affects the actual OS.

Windows FanBoys ignore points like system load time, package manager issues, etc in a Linux Distro they want to attack, and instead focus on unimportant topics like Default(and changable) UI.

Linux FanBoys ignore points like bloat of kernel, problems with installation of softwares, etc in a Windows version they want to attack, and instead focus on unimportant topics like windows explorer icons issues.

Windows fans attack linux where they cannot, conceptually speaking. For example, The User Friendliness and out-of-box experience of linux, the two of which don't count due to linux being true DIY.

Linux Fans attack windows by talking about its licence, which again is not targetable. Windows is SUPPOSED to be having an unfriendly over-commercial licence thanks to its revenue model.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Out of curiosity . Isn't this becoming the OS war thread again? And I don't know about the others but the colorful posts are really a strain on the eyes :(.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
As they say each and every product cannot have all features incorporated.
Mac OS X has got the best UI IMHO when compared to Windows or Linux.
Windows XP has the best Hardware Compatibility IMHO.
When it comes to Security, irrespective of the OS, it is the user who has to be aware of the potential threats and vulnerabilities first.
Any vulnerability in Kernel itself cannot be the user's responsibility, but keeping SQL passwords as password or sa cannot be blamed on the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom