IS CD quality is better than MP3 ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I think basically the quality remains same. All it can do is get worse.Tough never better...Check this out !
I took a sample mp3," Ya Ali" song from- Gangster, encoded at 256KBPS. Then Converted it to DTS , Digital the higest known form of Music using Adobe audition 1.5 and SurCode DVD DTS Software.All Process takes 20 mins even on fastest PC with 1 Gb ram.
The result. ! Tough my sony Hifi Detects the song after encoding as DTS, the sound Quality is Same. Hell there is absolutly no improvement! The Pink Floyd Original DTS CD sound much in league of theatre DTS.But this converted one sound exactly like the original mp3.
Conclusion: No matter what you do, ones you have compressed the music file theres no going back to good quality! So all Audiophiles there Dont mess with Original Track!

busyanuj

In the zone
Re: IF CD quality is better than MP3 ...?

freshseasons said:
Yaa thanks for the link. That really is one nice product from Creative ! Think its now time to replace my Audigy 2 Zs to X-hi From Creative.
But still it doesn't solve my problem. Sound from my sony HIFI is way superior compared to my computer Audio ( Even when me using Audigy 2 Zs and Creative Megaworks 550) .And so i wanted to transfer those mp3 files to CD quality so i could play them on my Sony HIFI ( Even tough it can play mp3 but Cd quality is i think best suited).
Is there actually some software that actually upstreams or increases the Quality on mp3 ?
Reason is i got All Original Pink Floyd Collection in DTS digital which simply blows and i want to now listen to hindi songs too on hifi.But sadly most are mp3's. So you got me?Can some on put in his 2 cents ?

in that case I'll recommend that you burn an mp3 disc and play it in the Sony system. trust me, if the source mp3 songs are good they'll play fine on Sony.
I know that because I also own a Sony Music System and use it frequently to play mp3 tracks as well as audio cds.

reconverting back the mp3s into audio cds won't considerably improve the quality, IMHO.

nix

^^ i agree about the source thing...
I have an aiwa hifi and not long ago those 128 bitrate mp3's sounded real cheap. Now I only download high bitrate mp3's. mostly over 192. but finding files with a high bitrate is again a problem. I also sometimes use an enhancer which comes in nero wave editor. i go to enchancer and then band extrapolation and adjust the setting and that sometimes improves the sound quality of mp3's. note:some songs may not sound all that good after you apply this setting...so it takes a lil bit of playing around to know how the settings work.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
dear freshseasons u r rite... mp3 kill the quality compared to cda( cd quality ). but u may try ripping the audio file to mp3 with a higher bitrate (like 192 etc)... it sounds to a near cd quality... give it a try...

for ripping u can use a free software and the best one dbpower amp (find it on digit cd's)

-SUDE

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
sude said:
dear freshseasons u r rite... mp3 kill the quality compared to cda( cd quality ). but u may try ripping the audio file to mp3 with a higher bitrate (like 192 etc)... it sounds to a near cd quality... give it a try...

for ripping u can use a free software and the best one dbpower amp (find it on digit cd's)

-SUDE
Thanks Sude!
However if you read my earlier posts my question was basically this scenario." You dont have the CD. what you have is mp3 at 128." So can you do anything with that mp3 so you can upscale the quality to that of CD.
I found out after converting it to DTS using surcode Dts and Adobe audition 1.5 still doesn nothing to the Quality.
The Final Conclusion: You can't do anything to compressed mp3 and get back that cd quality.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom