is buyin a XBox360/PS3 better than gettin a monster graphx card

are u a pirate, PC buff, CONSOLE maniac

• yeah thats true ... am a pirate

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • PC is the thing ... future proof can manage upto 5-6 yrs

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • consoles_ anytime at 15000 xbox360 u get HD content ... wat a 30k card can do

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Hmmm i don undrstnd wat u spoke wats CONSOLES ? wats a PC? goddamn who is nvidia

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sanolution

Broken In
is buyin a XBox360/PS3 better than gettin a monster graphx card

den why guys die out buyin a graphics which keeps on increasin model nos 1000+ every month makin the rest feel .. should ve waited for ati/nvidia 9000
wats the big deal....
common lemme hear out gettin pirated stuffs or dwonlods from bloody pirates out there for PC is ezy than consoles...

i see some raised hands...

yes ............................

faraaz

Evil Genius
Your Console is going to be outdated in 5 years time...Sony has started work on the PS4 and Microsoft on the 720!! Unconfirmed sources, yes...but I believe it to be true.

Furthermore, your console games are BLOODY expensive in India, I believe PS3 games are going to start from Rs. 2000 and go all the way up to Rs. 5000. Again, these are estimates...but reliable estimates...buying anywhere between 5-10 games could cost you as much as how much you paid for your PS3!!

I dunno...my PC does everything the PS3 does AND it is UPGRADEABLE!! UPGRADEABLE means I can make it run faster for a minimal investment, instead of suffer substandard gaming quality on an outdated console a few years from now.

Also, guess what!? NFS Carbon, NFS Most Wanted, FEAR, Oblivion...they all look WAY better on the PC than on their respective consoles...of course, you have to have a MONSTER of a rig (which I do) and a suitable display subsystem (which I do...)

Soooo for all those above reasons...consoles suck and PCs are the way to go!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
a consoles life is not only 5 yrs .... ps2 is still selling and selling strong after the price drop thanx to ps3 ps2 is selling like hot cake here .... as far as the cost is concerned yes thts a huge investment ..... 30k for the console and then 2.5k for the games its too much at the same time .... a PC which u say is upgradable .... im of the opinion tht once u hav a console for atleast 5-6yrs u dont need to upgrade ... and where as a pc u gotta upgrade it every 1 and a half yr thanx to rapid game development and heavy resource requirements by the game .... adn ur the first 1 who has said tht PC looks better than consoles ..... ne1 who seconds him?

Stalker

Padawan
If u r a FPS fan stick to the pc...

consoles are cheaper than buying a monster pc
xbox 360 core system...around 19k & xbox 360 ...around 23-24k
the ps3 will retail around 28k

like faraaz said, console games are damn expensive, xbox 360 titles are abt 2.5 k each
i feel the xbox 360 gfx are better than pc as of now....however u require an HD TV to experience the full detail.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I you like to aim(mostly auto aim) with the crap console controllers in TPS/FPS then console is for you . PC has both type of inputs mouse keyboard(unbeatable) as well as the gamepad(huge range to choose from) depending on the game. Other thing is that the consoles out cant handle games which a PC can currently , oblivion sucks on a 360 and crysis wont run . Many more to follow.

Stalker said:
xbox 360 core system...around 19k & xbox 360 ...around 23-24k
the ps3 will retail around 28k

wrong prices, 360 premium costs 28-29K . PS3 no one knows the exact price but its not going to be 28K anytime soon.

Stalker

Padawan
^^ are u sure?? i read that from
*www.themoneytimes.com/articles/20060809/microsoft_launches_xbox_360_gaming_in_india-id-101061.html

sandeep69

Broken In
stalker s right the wireless version cost 25k and the basic one 15k or 16k ...

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
mAV3 said:
adn ur the first 1 who has said tht PC looks better than consoles ..... ne1 who seconds him?
yep dude, take any game, the PC version looks way better than the Console version.
PC can handle the games better, e.g. take GTA SA on PS2 & compare the same with a PC with 6600gt/7600gt gfx. card, - more details (texture), a lot better Draw Distance & of course CJ's reflection on the floor (in safe house) on PC version.

this small feature (reflection), is something that PS2 couldnt handle.:lol:

PC is a BIG Winner in another case - Game Modding.

can we enjoy something like playing GTA San Andreas with Licensed cars:D
*img219.imageshack.us/img219/8918/gallery889oc.th.jpg
like Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII, BMW M3 GTR, Dodge Charger RT, custom maps... the list goes on for why PC is superior to any Console.:wink:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Stalker said:
^^ are u sure?? i read that from
*www.themoneytimes.com/articles/20060809/microsoft_launches_xbox_360_gaming_in_india-id-101061.html

You are going to buy legit without paying the taxes,VAT etc? Its 28k what you have to pay to get it. :)

T

thunderbird.117

s18000rpm said:
yep dude, take any game, the PC version looks way better than the Console version.
PC can handle the games better, e.g. take GTA SA on PS2 & compare the same with a PC with 6600gt/7600gt gfx. card, - more details (texture), a lot better Draw Distance & of course CJ's reflection on the floor (in safe house) on PC version.

this small feature (reflection), is something that PS2 couldnt handle.:lol:

PC is a BIG Winner in another case - Game Modding.

can we enjoy something like playing GTA San Andreas with Licensed cars:D
*img219.imageshack.us/img219/8918/gallery889oc.th.jpg
like Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII, BMW M3 GTR, Dodge Charger RT, custom maps... the list goes on for why PC is superior to any Console.:wink:

Hmm. So you are a car dealer in GTA : SA..

reddick

Mobile Freak
Go for PC accessories dude :eek: CONSOLE gona deadly costly n lives only upto 2-3 yrs. I vote for gc instead :oops:

though some pc accessories like gpu and that stuff cost a lot it is really worth it consoles will be outdated after a 5 yrs after release and anyway ther is nothing better than a good old pc

next gen consoles require good hdtv's or u wont see the text written properly
and pc rulz in fps gaming not even ps3 can beat that

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Suppose you have 20,000 for a console. Instead spend 10k on a 7600 gt which will serve you well for atleast 2 years. Then 10k again on the cutting edge midrange technology of that time. On PC you will be able to do everything you can do on a console if you have a gamepad but same cant be said for a console.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Yes and No

While GFX card will seek upgrades in sy every 8 months, Console will either have to be modded (If u are going to be short on money) Similarly not all games may be available on every console. Like XBox's Halo wont be coming for Playstation but generally console games generally do carry a PC version.

sagsall4u

Journeyman
i dont think any sane FPS player wud go for a console... new xonsole games FPS are amodded to suit d controller.. its good for fifa and any racing game not for COD CS ET ALLL

faraaz

Evil Genius
Oh yeah, and I forgot to add mods...

I don't play GTA:SA but I do play Oblivion a LOT!! And trust me, out of the box, the game is too darn irritating! I've got like 50 mods running at the moment...none of which would be able to be run if I had the Xbox 360 version...

So yeah, Counter Strike type FPSs, 90% of all RPGs, Strategy Games etc...stuff you would like to mod and play...you can't mod and play!!

Final point...game types...if you are into stuff like Crash Bandicoot etc, more power to you!! But I find that PC games and PC versions of multiplatform games actually have way more depth, replayability etc...with VERY few exceptions (Tekken 5, Virtua Fighter 4 - Evolution for instance)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom