PCWORM

UBERGEEK
I hav plans on getting a 3g enabled phone for high-speed internet and other
uses like Videocalling....
So, is 3G really functional in india and is there ne special charge for getting
it....thnx in advance!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
No. 3G is not usable in India atm. We dunno how "soon" we'll get to see it but I'm sure about one thing, when its intro'd it won't be cheap.

But nevertheless 3G shudn't be the only deciding factor in buying a phone, at the moment.

OP
PCWORM

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
Well,,,i had decided to go for a K810i becoz of the same thing...
so the k790i is the better option!!!
thnx 4 the valuable info infra-dude!!!

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I don't think it'll be 3 years!!! Surely sooner than that...

I heard that the government is planning to give 3G the skip and go to 4G directly. We are quite late to go to 3G now.

*infotech.indiatimes.com/Telecom/Te..._move_to_4G_networks_/articleshow/1757762.cms

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I heard that the government is planning to give 3G the skip and go to 4G directly. We are quite late to go to 3G now.

*infotech.indiatimes.com/Telecom/Te..._move_to_4G_networks_/articleshow/1757762.cms
Cant trust the govt. on anything these dayz!!! Its like saying the new BSNL 125 Broadband users would get an increased datacap from 150MiB to 150Gib! :D lolz... :lol:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
OK, but in any case I feel 3G is not what it's made out to be. I prefer to wait for WiMax and Wifi. That will enable us to browse anywhere, from any network. You will not be compelled to use the carrier's network if you have another free network nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom