Irritating display issue.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Hi all.

All of this started when i had opened the system to apply a new layer of thermal paste to the cpu as it was getting too hot.

Kindly read the post completely.

Well i am facing a strange irritating issue from the past few days.sometimes whenever i switch on my system the system starts but i get no signal from the monitor.Even if i try to switch off the system it dosent gets switched off.I mean the green light still remains.

guys I have observed that if I switch to onboard for atleast once and then revert to the gpu the problem dosent shows up.

Now i am really annoyed what may be the problem.

Last edited:

root.king

geek in action
there must be severel problems.
1.reseat ur ram
2.reset bios by removing bios battery
3. Clean x16 slot and reseat ur gpu
4.check proper contact on cpu side display cable(tight the screw)
hope this'll help

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
there must be severel problems.
1.reseat ur ram
2.reset bios by removing bios battery
3. Clean x16 slot and reseat ur gpu
4.check proper contact on cpu side display cable(tight the screw)
hope this'll help
Actually i did the third step then switched to onboard and then again back to discreet and it started fine.Now i am really scared to touch the system.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
The problem mentioned by OP happens sometimes only if the system isn't cleaned for a prolonged period of time. Same thing can happen to RAM modules too.

root.king

geek in action
ya my system also becomes crazy when i clean my system sometimes.
But my advice is dont think 2much be cool and try all possible ways 'twice'.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi all.

All of this started when i had opened the system to apply a new layer of thermal paste to the cpu as it was getting too hot.

Kindly read the post completely.

Well i am facing a strange irritating issue from the past few days.sometimes whenever i switch on my system the system starts but i get no signal from the monitor.Even if i try to switch off the system it dosent gets switched off.I mean the green light still remains.

guys I have observed that if I switch to onboard for atleast once and then revert to the gpu the problem dosent shows up.

Now i am really annoyed what may be the problem.

you switch off using the cabby switch or the PSu switch - the LED light is still ON even when you switch off using the little switch of the PSU ?

Actually i did the third step then switched to onboard and then again back to discreet and it started fine.Now i am really scared to touch the system.

after remounting the gfx card system is working properly now or you having the display issue even now ?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Try with another PSU.
I used to have this kind of problem on my office PC, to switch it on,I had to power it off (mains) for 5 mins and then turn it on :p

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
you switch off using the cabby switch or the PSu switch - the LED light is still ON even when you switch off using the little switch of the PSU ?

when i switch off through cabinet switch it dosent gets switched off the light remains on.

after remounting the gfx card system is working properly now or you having the display issue even now ?

No now it seems the problem is gone.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you mean the cabinet lights still remain on and the cpu fan is spinning also ?? then there must be be some issue with cabinet's start/power button and if the cpu fan is not spinning but the mobo/cabinet lights remain on then there's some issue with either mobo or it's bios setting.

60c HDD temp is not good - don't you have a front intake fan for the cabby ??

BTW, mention what cpu, mobo, gfx card and cabinet ( with how many fans ? ) you have ?

Top Bottom